To All Our Canadian Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I just want you to know how deeply concerned and worried I am regarding the runaway train accident of yesterday. These past twenty-four hours we here in the States have had our own tragedy. But to have most of a town blown away along with the residents, my mind can not wrap itself around such a devastating tragedy.

My prayers are with you and I pray that none who are members here have any family members that have been lost. God keep you all safe. :angel: And one for those who have lost their lives. :angel:

Last edited:
Thank you for caring! Though we live on the Prairies, our towns are all linked with the Rail Way and our Railways are so badly run, profits before safety. Every year there is something. Recently near Calgary Alberta, a train was made to go over a bridge carrying Petroleum products, the bridge started to give way and it was the brilliant effort of the First responders that save a huge pollution disaster. For hours the train was stuck in a U shape in the bridge. Miraculously the people involved were able to free the train and save the day! A train that should not have gone that way, but the powers that be sent it anyway! Boggles the mind the stupidity of the people in power!

Thank you for caring! Though we live on the Prairies, our towns are all linked with the Rail Way and our Railways are so badly run, profits before safety. Every year there is something. Recently near Calgary Alberta, a train was made to go over a bridge carrying Petroleum products, the bridge started to give way and it was the brilliant effort of the First responders that save a huge pollution disaster. For hours the train was stuck in a U shape in the bridge. Miraculously the people involved were able to free the train and save the day! A train that should not have gone that way, but the powers that be sent it anyway! Boggles the mind the stupidity of the people in power!

I read about that near disaster also. :angel:

My heart goes out to those in Lac-Megantic, Quebec.

I'm still reeling over the loss off 19 Hot Shots in Yarnell, Az. Seems like we are going from one disaster to the next.

Back
Top Bottom