DID YOU KNOW...
The Spanish Flu of 1918 is the most deadly in recent history. Twenty to 40 million people worldwide died from the disease. More than 36,000 people die from influenza each year in the U.S., and 200,000 others are hospitalized because of the illness.
1. What was Granny's relationship to Jed Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies ?
2. Which American desert is home to the Petrified Forest
Hint; it's in Arizona...) ?
3. Where was Ferdinand Marcos living when he died at 72 in 1989 ?
4. Who was the most famous member of the singing and tap-dancing Will Masten Trio ?
5. On April 26, 1865, U.S. Army Sergeant Boston Corbett entered the history books ; what did he do to achieve this ?
6. Which film won Clint Eastwood his first "Best Director" Oscar ?
7. What's the name of the National Airline of Australia ?
8. Who Said That Dept ;
"Plastic Surgeons are always making Mountains out of Molehills."
(Hint; Famous Country Singing and Acting Personality)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The golf term "Caddy" comes from the French "Cadre" , meaning "to tally" the score.
2. The Painted Desert
4. Sammy Davis Jr.
5. He fired the shot that killed John Wilkes Booth
8. Dolly Parton
"Caddy" does come from a French word ;
"Cadet", meaning "Youngest" or "Boy".
“Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
― John Stuart Mill