trivia 3/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
1. which activity burns more calories in an hour, tennis or rowing?
2. which country is credited with originating the game of parcheesi?
3. what was cassius clay's middle name?
4. which central american country's currency is the quetzal?
5. what did ronald reagan keep in a beer stein on his desk?
6. what pfizer product edged out prozac in new antidepressant prescriptions in 2002?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the hudson river was discovered by an englishman looking for a shortcut to india.
1. ROWING
2. INDIA
3. MARCELLUS
4. guatemala (??)
5. JELLY BEANS
6. zoloft (??)
TRUTH !!
in 1609, the dutch east india company hired english sailor henry hudson to find a route to india that would bypass the cape of good hope. after failing to find a corridor through norway, hudson decided to look for a "north-west passage" that would allow a ship to cross north america.
hudson began sailing up what is now the hudson river until he reached a point too shallow for his ship to continue north. this spot later became albany, new york.
hudson returned to europe, claiming the entire hudson river valley for his dutch employers.

I dont get it, is there suppose to be a link to the site, or are you just asking questions?

hi amber;
this is six trivia questions a day; scroll down for the answers....
sometimes a factoid..........always a "truth or crap".......
on saturdays lately, and for a while longer, it's JEOPARDY.
i play along with everybody else on the six questions.... all else is compiled by me, so i can't have a guess on those, obviously--
reminders;

if the answer is in CAPITAL letters, i got it right- if in lower-case, i missed it, and my (wrong) guess is in ( ) ; if i had no intelligent guess, you would see ( ?? ); if i had absolutely no clue, ( ??? ); and if i guessed correctly totally by accident, you will see ( !! )
only other one i can think of is ( RATZ! ) which means i knew it, but couldn't remember until i heard the answer.

hope everyone is having a good time, and picking up a little useless knowledge along the way.........wait'll you read the "did you know" about leonid breznev's burial........!!

Yay! I got all of them except Cassius Clay's middle name. I teach 4th grade Social Studies, so I didn't have to guess on the one about Henry Hudson. And for number 5, it was specifically Jelly Belly jelly beans! :cool: The company that makes them even had a mural made of Reagan with Jelly Belly's.

:) Barbara

Attachments

• Reagan Jelly Belly Mural.jpg
    Reagan Jelly Belly Mural.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom