Ideas for leftover chocolate buttercream frosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FluffyAngel

Senior Cook
Any ideas what to do with leftover chocolate buttercream frosting? Prefer it not be truffle centers but open to suggestions that will prevent waste even if it is candy. If candy is the only option I'll be grateful for that too. I just don't know what my options may or may not be. Thanks in advance.

When I was a kid, we just spread it on graham crackers slapped another graham cracker (wafer, for Canadian friends) on top and ate it!

When I was a kid, we just spread it on graham crackers slapped another graham cracker (wafer, for Canadian friends) on top and ate it!

Mom would often make extra just so we could make these! Very yummy and they can be stored in a cookie jar too.

Hindsight being what it is, this whole idea of "leftover buttercream frosting" is hilarious. So much for wishful thinking. Oh well. Hubby's got chocolate frosting up to his elbows. I'll be smelling chocolate in my sleep all night - assuming we sleep.;-)

Each time I went out to Calif. to visit friends, I would make that chocolate. The husband would stand there all the time waiting for the cake bowl first so he could clean the beaters and anything else that had cocolate on it. Then he would watch me frost the cake with the frosting recipe on the back of the Hershey's can of cocoa. Every time I reached into the bowl to get more frosting for the cake, you could hear him gasp with worry that there wouldn't be enough left over for him. It was rather comical. I knew from making the recipe so many times before that there would be plenty left over for him. But it was fun to tease him and make like I was going to throw the leftover out. He never left my side while I made that cake. Waiting for it to cool was torture for him. :ohmy:

Each time I went out to Calif. to visit friends, I would make that chocolate. The husband would stand there all the time waiting for the cake bowl first so he could clean the beaters and anything else that had cocolate on it. Then he would watch me frost the cake with the frosting recipe on the back of the Hershey's can of cocoa. Every time I reached into the bowl to get more frosting for the cake, you could hear him gasp with worry that there wouldn't be enough left over for him. It was rather comical. I knew from making the recipe so many times before that there would be plenty left over for him. But it was fun to tease him and make like I was going to throw the leftover out. He never left my side while I made that cake. Waiting for it to cool was torture for him. :ohmy:

ROFL!!!

i always make extra and put the leftover in container and store in fridgerator. If not going to bake again soon then I put it in the freezer. I like to have it on hand for when grandkids come over or when I bake one less step to do, just take it out and let it come to room temp and your good to go.

No such luck, I try to keep it down even less these days. Health restrictions and widening at the equator...

No such luck, I try to keep it down even less these days. Health restrictions and widening at the equator...

I could stand to lose 30-40 pounds myself. I have been losing some weight lately and my doctor is more concerned with that then my being overweight. I don't know why I am losing. I am not trying. I eat more for the diabetes than the heart condition. :)

Any ideas what to do with leftover chocolate buttercream frosting? Prefer it not be truffle centers but open to suggestions that will prevent waste even if it is candy. If candy is the only option I'll be grateful for that too. I just don't know what my options may or may not be. Thanks in advance.

Cake Balls

Use it for dipping fruit (i.e. strawberries, bananas). Thin it out with half and half, and add some amaretto. Think fondue.

Profiteroles

Napoleons - bake sheets of puff pastry, cool & cut into squares. Layer with strawberries and thin layer of frosting.

Pipe into cupcakes

Fruit pizza

Back
Top Bottom