Something different.. Soda Club unit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
My brother and his wife purchased a Soda Club unit. I was skeptical until I tasted the product.

If you like carbonated beverages, seltzer water, etc. This is a pretty cool thing. He purchased it for cruising since storage is a premium on a boat. Why carry lots of bottles of soda when you can make your own. Very little waste to deal with which is another plus.

I tried the gingerale, orange, dr.pepper copy... all very good.

The Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker From Soda-Club

Kewl

Now that's something really cool. Fuel prices have me on severe cutbacks, but I'd sure try it. :cool:

:) I have seen this before but I'm not a big soda drinker plus you need to buy chargers. I was wondering if an old selzer( sp?) bottle would do the same they used to use them many years ago to add bubbles to water. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I know what you're talking about. I've had several seltzer bottles. Currently using a very nice older stainless steel job, made in the UK. One of my favorites is carbonated pomegranate juice. Put the juice in the bottle, close it up and charge it with a CO2 cartridge. Using anything with sugar in it, like fruit juice, means scrupulous cleanup after, or the valve will stick. First closed, then open. Easier to just fill with water, and charge. Then add the bubbly to your favorite juice. Much nicer than soda in cans or plastic bottles. I'm not much of a soda drinker, but like carbonated organic juice. I suppose you could put more...adult...beverages in the seltzer bottle and carbonate them...chilled Stoly comes to mind...spritz it into your glass and toss in a bit of lime. Of course, I don't know how the alcohol might affect the rubber seals.

Back
Top Bottom