DID YOU KNOW...
Cognitive dissonance is the uneasy feeling you get when realizing that two
things you believe conflict, usually leading to rationalization, acceptance,
or ignoring the conflict.
1. What were the first names of the fictional Hardy Boys ?
2. What band is well known for backing Neil Young?
3. Nicknamed the "highest navigable lake in the world" Lake Titicaca is
bordered by what two countries?
a. - Peru and Bolivia
b. - Argentina and Chile
c. - Peru and Argentina
d. - Nicaragua and Bolivia
4. What Jewish holiday comes at the same time as Easter each year?
5. Strange words are These ; FLAT-HAT...
a. - Fly very close to the ground
b. - a type of Cymbal, found in a Trap Set
c. - a collapsible Stovepipe hat
d. - C'mon, Lucky; You're making stuff up again...
6. What are the last five words to the 'Queen' hit, Bohemian Rhapsody ?
(Hint; A__ W__ T__ W___ B_____ )
7. What do you call a baby turkey being raised for food ?
a. - a poult
b. - a pullet
c. - Either
d. - Neither
8. "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying' was a huge hit by what 60's Rock
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In 2019, astronomers photographed a Black Hole.
1. Frank & Joe
2. Crazy Horse
3. - a
4. Passover (Pesach)
5. - a
6. Any Way the Wind Blows
7. - a
8. Gerry & the Pacemakers
One of the most marvelous, and most perplexing, objects in the universe is
the burnt-out remnant of a great star, known as a black hole. When a massive
star's core collapses after a catastrophic supernova, it creates an object
so dense that no electromagnetic radiation can escape its gravitational
field. Our Sun is about 864,000 miles (1,391,000 km) across. To make it as
dense as a black hole, we would need to compress it to a sphere less than
two miles (3 km) across. Such an object, though predicted to exist through
Einstein's theory of general relativity, would be difficult to observe as no
light could be reflected! In 2019, however, astronomers captured the first
photograph of the unseeable, a black hole several billion times more massive
than the sun, swallowing the light in the middle of a distant galaxy in the
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.