GCC Convenience Store - PF Dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Dessert: “Great Balls Of Fire”

2 packages Hostess SnoBalls
Grand Marnier

2 Snoballs to a plate, drizzle Grand Marnier over and set on fire.

Critique:
Shrek: “It’s good, I’m not crazy about straight Marnier.”

PF: “It was crazy, I couldn’t get the Marnier to light, so I tried rum on the second plate, it lit, but would not be photoed. Bummer. However, I was able to get a bit tipsy on my dessert.”:)

Attachments

• Convemience Store 015.JPG
    Convemience Store 015.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 219
Goodness Gracious!

Weren't you concerned that setting fire to a convenience store junk food would cause a violent explosion? :LOL:

Nice job on all the plates! The main entree dish makes me hungry and is almost worth copying, pasting, and trying at home with your suggestions for improvement. Almost.

I did have Shrek standing by with the fire extinguisher...:LOL:

Thanks, Spork!

I would have liked to see the flames. That would have been cool. I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to try that, thinking that the dessert would melt and ooze out, all over the place.:ROFLMAO: Gotta give you max points for trying though.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodness Gracious!

Weren't you concerned that setting fire to a convenience store junk food would cause a violent explosion? :LOL:

Nice job on all the plates! The main entree dish makes me hungry and is almost worth copying, pasting, and trying at home with your suggestions for improvement. Almost.

She would have to have called it, "Burning Down the House" if that happened. ;)

I did have Shrek standing by with the fire extinguisher...:LOL:

Thanks, Spork!

I would have stood by with diet coke and a fork! :ROFLMAO:

I would have liked to see the flames. That would have been cool. I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to try that, thinking that the dessert would melt and ooze out, all over the place.:ROFLMAO: Gotta give you max points for trying though.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

We clould barely see the flames while standing there.

Shrek: "Is it lit?"
PF: "I can't tell, zap it again!":wacko:

I love the idea! :cool:

Thought of it second...I was going with it before I got into the song theme.:)

She would have to have called it, "Burning Down the House" if that happened. ;)

I would have stood by with diet coke and a fork! :ROFLMAO:

I think Shrek thought it would explode into flames. So much for my foray into flambe'.

It's really hard to photograph the flames in a flambé. The room shouldn't have too much light and I'm pretty sure you don't want flash, so it sounds like a tripod and slow shutter speed is called for. Wide open aperture is probably a good idea, since you don't need much depth of field.

Flambés are easier with hot food and pre-warmed booze. As a cheat, I like to have a bottle of 94% alcohol handy, in case it won't ignite. :ohmy: :LOL:

It's really hard to photograph the flames in a flambé. The room shouldn't have too much light and I'm pretty sure you don't want flash, so it sounds like a tripod and slow shutter speed is called for. Wide open aperture is probably a good idea, since you don't need much depth of field.

Flambés are easier with hot food and pre-warmed booze. As a cheat, I like to have a bottle of 94% alcohol handy, in case it won't ignite. :ohmy: :LOL:

Thanks for the tips...but I don't plan on becoming a food photographer. The last camera I owned before this one (HP Photosmart) was a Polaroid One-Step and I only upgraded so I could get my pics on the computer.

I did think of using something a little more flammable, but I did want to be able to eat my dessert!:pig:

All great points taxlady!

Another is that the snowballs are cake, with absorbs liquid. So most of your "fuel" would be halfway through the cake before you got the torch to it! What might have been better, was to put it on a heat proof plate, pour the liquor around each snowball (as well as on it of course!) and light it - then you would have had a "Burning Ring of Fire" :cool:

Back
Top Bottom