Chicken Pot Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is mine, it is very easy! I made it with turkey Monday night for supper.
Chicken Pot Pie

2C cooked & diced chicken

1 1/2C chicken broth

1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup

1 can Veg-All mixed vegetables

1 small onion, chopped (optional)

CRUST:

1C milk

1C self-rising flour

1 stick margarine, melted

In a 13x9x2 inch pan, mix together chicken, broth, soup, and vegetables. Spread evenly in pan & season with salt & pepper to taste. Mix crust ingredients & spread evenly over chicken mixture. Beake about 45 minutes at 400 deg. or until crust is golden brown.

I got mine in principle, from watching Emeril about 5-6 years ago...and have tweaked it around since then...

Start with melting a cup of butter/margerine in a pan...

Ad a cup each chopped celery, chopped green/red sweet pepper and diced yellow onion, sauteeing and blanching...

Add and thoroughly mix in a cup of flour, emulsifying thoroughly, until there are no lumps whatever...

Add about three cups (more or less) boneless skinless leftover chicken or turkey meat (already cooked, obviously!)(I prefer dark meat for this, but whatever you have)

Add three cups chicken stock and/or vegetable stock and mix well...

Two medium red potato's, peeled and diced...

Three carrots, peeled and chopped to small pieces...

A dash of soya sauce, S+P to taste...(the mix should be "simmering" in a dutch oven!)

Lastly, add a cup of the smalest, sweetest peas you can lay your hands on...

Now cover with a thawed pie crust (alas, I cannot make pastry crusts!), cutting as few vent holes into it, and insert into the oven at 325, and allow to cook for 60-90 minutes...

Allow to cool about 20-30 minutes, and serve from the pot on a "thermal pad"...

Have substituted pork with success in this as well, and using leftover gravy is not "illegal"...the kitchen police will not be at the door to bust you...likewise, you could double the meat with no ill effects...

Lifter

Glad to have you back Audeo!

Tweak away at that base...it depends how many you are feeding...and let us know what you thought of the results, as well as your "personal tweaks"

Lifter

Back
Top Bottom