Conte Placido Pinot Grigio 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
SierraCook recommended this to me last night so I popped on down to the local Kroger today and bought a bottle. Very good! I bit more mellow than I expected but that's probably just because I'm used to reds. The '04 was the only year available and I'm sure the '02 and '03 are better. Nonetheless, it's a winner! Right on, Janelle, thanks! :cool:

Particulars:

$7.99/ 750ml
Alc. 12%
Judging by the label, it's from the Tuscany region.

I will look for that one...I recently found that I like pinot grigio.
From what little experience I've had with wine, I've found that my favorites are Italian and Portugese. Does that say say something about me?

Congrats on a good find. It's nice to come across a good and inexpensive wine. There's no guarantee the older vintages would be better. White wines don't benefit from aging as do reds.

Andy M. said:
Congrats on a good find. It's nice to come across a good and inexpensive wine. There's no guarantee the older vintages would be better. White wines don't benefit from aging as do reds.

Well, shows how much I know about wine! :LOL: I stand corrected. Either way, it's a good wine! :mrgreen:

yum yum! Well, if you don't have to let it age, that just means you don't have to wait as long to drink it! yipppeeeee!

Erik, so glad to hear that you like the wine that I recommended it is one of my favorites. I wish I would have had a glass to go with my shrimp scampi tonight, but I had a glass of Kendall Jackson Pinot Grigio instead. Next time I go to Reno I guess I should pick up a bottle of Placido. I just recently bought a bottle of McWilliam's Hanwood Estate Merlot 2003 from South Eastern Australia.

Last edited:
Andy's right about whites not benefitting from aging, but often one year is better/worse than others because of that particular year's growing conditions.

I agree jennyema. I can totally brag about a wine, and drink it for a few months, then it changes! Wine is moody!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom