FIFA WorldCup 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will if I see some... :)
don't feel so good today, otherwise we may would go to the Fanarena...

but if that should be a problem for the azzuri, I don't know....

Now USA vs. Czech Rebuplic 0:1 5th min
0:2 35min

your boys must give a bit more... the czechs are the better ones, I'm afraid..

Last edited:
cara said:
you don't mean that, do you??
17.gif

:cool:

I'm afraid I DO!!! Sorry, but they are my favourite 'overseas' team - and when Netherlands aren't in it, then I support FRANCE! :cool:

Sorry, but I've always felt they played more like 'us' (Scotland/England/Norn Ireland/Wales) than most European teams.... :angel:

Since I'm from the U.S. I naturally wanted them to win today, but hey at least they were good enough this time to even play in the worldcup!

Don't like soccer, so, not watching!LOL
I at least hope it's a good competition, but, from the sound of it, the US isn't doing so hot.

They'll have to REALLY improve, I'm afraid :rolleyes: They were easily out performed by Czech Republic... who were able to 'suss' each move the US team made.

Heh, the Socceroos have had complaints that their too 'physical'.

We just play soccer like we play all our national games, rough. No biffo yet, but it was only their first game :).

img_279724_0_e61f9272c755fcf2947717e7f081ca26.gif
I-talia, I-talia, I-talia, I-talia!!! :punk: :punk: :punk:

Oh well, I really shouldn't be so excited just yet... that was a rather easy start for them and they could have done much better... all the same, a positive start for our Azzuri!!:rolleyes: (Italy 2- Ghana 0 last night)

Haggis, I always liked Harry Kewell, very sophisticated player and I wish him to do well... and the team is blessed with a wonderful coach, Guus Hiddink... a tough match coming up against Brazil, good luck, I will be pulling for your squad!!

nedved

what is your feeling about the way nedved played? Seemed like the entire game was counting on him. Do you believe this is his last game? Reminds me of Pele. I guess the guy Koller is out for good. Not sure what happened. They said his other leg is the one that gave him trouble not the right. I cannot fast forward the game I want to see all of it. Only 90 minutes, that's not too long. In my opinion, and only my opinion I feel watching on tv lot better than in person. When people stand up in front of you miss the play, no replay there. Professional is almost similar to watching ballet. Only when they run into each other is difference.

Nedved has been a consistently good player. I was impressed by Tomas Rosicky who will be joining the London team Arsenal next season.

It must be 3 or 4 years since I went to a live game.... getting too old for it! And I have to admit that I'm more of a rugby fan than football.

Edited to change the first letter of Nedved.... I inadvertently typed Medved!

Last edited:
Pavel Nedved is an absolute superstar for the Czech, in a similar way Michael Jordan was for the Bulls in the early 90s. He actually plays in Italy for Juventus, they are the Serie A champions however at this moment laden with scandals, so it must have been hard for him to retain the focus, as his future may be uncertain.

It is a pity Koller got hurt, even though that may make it slightly easier for the Italians in the upcoming match, I would not rejoice in someone's injury...

Back
Top Bottom