Friday's Food Fight 5/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Made Friday's dinner LAST night (lost track of the day) so no fishy protein today .............

Double Cheeseburger and Mashed Baby Reds with some Lefty Gravy, Roasted Asparagus (Air Fryer - 400 for 10 Minutes).............

Cheeseburger Stack,.jpg

We ordered pizza from a place we haven't tried before. I'm very pleased. Nice whole wheat crust. Choice of five sauces, only two of which have tomato (tomato aggravates my arthritis). That was really tasty. Stirling got his own pizza with pepperoni and bacon. How they do the bacon and how good the pepperoni is are his two standard tests for a new pizza place. They passed with flying colours.

We grilled burgers and enjoyed our homegrown lettuce on them. Roasted asparagus and steamed corn to go with it. Also, I needed to use up some strawberries and buttermilk so I made some strawberry ice cream.

Attachments

• 2021-05-21 (1).jpg
    2021-05-21 (1).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2021-05-21.jpg
    2021-05-21.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
TB is cooking - as he has been most of this week while I recover from a major sinus infection.

I have been not eating much because of the pain but today he is making burgers (mine is without the bun) some salad, and a banana shake for my milk content (diabetic diet)

Cannellini beans with andouille and greens, with cheddar, corn and jalapeno cornbread.

Attachments

• 2021-05-21 19.56.25.jpg
    2021-05-21 19.56.25.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 28
Salads and sandwiches, since that's all I had energy for after staying up late looking online for a microwave, then just going into the Home Depot (shh, don't tell Loverly I shopped the competition) while I was in the same shopping center as Market Basket and buying one there. I hope Il like it.

I planned a snack board for Friday night. Since DH usually golfs on Fridays, I thought it would be a good way to have dinner ready when he gets home without having to scramble. It turned out they didn't go, but we made it anyway. I'll tweak it for next time, but this is a nice, easy summer dinner.
20210521_204004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom