Frozen cooked turkey questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookinKhy

Assistant Cook
My mom cooked a turkey on friday and split the bird up between us kids- I got two biiiiiiig containers of dark/light meat sitting in my fridge, my bf and I are not going through them fast enough and I'm afraid it's going to go bad so I'm thinking of freezing it. I have a few questions about that, however... How long will frozen cooked turkey last, and what are some good recipes for a picky eater? My BF hates white creamy sauce and pot pies, so those are out (for him, anyway :p). I have a feeling he'd be against dumplings, soup might be my only option but I'd really like to have a variety of things I can cook. Any ideas?

My first thought is enchiladas. No creamy sauce and

turkey tastes great that way.

Enchiladas - yummy. Even shredded in tacos. One of my favorite ways to use cooked turkey is just to rough chop it and add it to a nice dark green salad with a homemade vinaigrette dressing.
I've made spicy white bean chili before with leftover cooked turkey before; that's always good.
Freeze times depend on freezer temp, and the amount of air you can remove from the storage bag/container. I'd say 3-6 months tops.

Back
Top Bottom