Handy method for making burger patties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will probably use Skittle's method the next time I buy ground beef in a big blob. I usually buy ground beef at Costco already shaped into patties. It's the same ground beef they sell in the big blob and it looks like they use Skittle's method. One of those patties weighs about 1/2 pound. I wrap them individually and then I just grab however many I need. When Stirling and I are having hamburgers we usually defrost two patties and reshape into three patties. For hamburgers for two people that's not really much effort.

I found a significant difference in the texture/consistency of the extruded pattys as compared to the 'big blob'. The extruded pattys are denser and take much longer to cook than hand formed burgers. The meat seems to be compressed as part of the extrusion process. I didn't care for that difference.

I found a significant difference in the texture/consistency of the extruded pattys as compared to the 'big blob'. The extruded pattys are denser and take much longer to cook than hand formed burgers. The meat seems to be compressed as part of the extrusion process. I didn't care for that difference.
I haven't noticed, but we never use the pre-made patties as is.

This is the same reason I would be reluctant to roll the hamburger out flat with a rolling pin. It would be compressed, and have a denser texture. I would think it would get over mixed after a few times too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom