How was your day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
As I just sit here and
5.gif
13.gif
, and
38.gif
while most of you are at work. I was just wondering how all of your days went. I'm sure by my little story you can see how mine went. Now I have to go and
16.gif
. talk to all you later. Hope you all had a great day. :D

I went back to work today, helping to prep and stock the kitchen for the season opening on Wednesday.

I quickly realized why I felt so good all this past month. I haven't been wearing my work shoes. Those things were killing my feet today! I'm still sore, and I've been home and in either comfortable shoes, or sitting down, for 4 hours now. I did go and buy another pair of shoes for work. Hopefully these won't kill my feet as bad.

On the flip side, I've had problems with shoes for 7 years now. I think my arches might have fallen, be in the process, or something else. I probably ought to go see a doctor about it. I've got one pair of really comfortable shoes, my hiking boots, and I've been wearing them for about 4 years now. They're starting to fall apart. I'm going to have to invest in another decent pair here soon.

My day went good Nicole, thank you for asking. I went to work and then I came home and worked out. :D
jumping-smiley-010.gif

MJ, I made this post only because people who have to go to work to make a living should be asked how there day was. I know that I would love to come home and be asked how my day went. And if you had a bad day I know it can be nice to just get it out.

Well, today my sister and I went to visit a dear friend in the hospital (did I ever tell you I hate hospitals?). He had open heart surgery and is doing well. Then we had lunch at the Chowder House. Of course we had clam chowder with Ahi sandwiches and french fries (it was the special of the day).Then it's home to you guys, DH and Koapaka. My day is not over. It is 4:50 pm and I am frying up some pork chops...................wasabi

Same old, same old................

We have a tongue in cheek saying here..........

"A shambles of course! Someone should blow days up!"

Having a good day - but it's mid arvo here. Made Lentile pies for lunch. shock: Not too bad, but the pastry adds inches.

I am waiting for #1 son to turn up for his driving lesson. I get him to drive me to the air strip (20 miles) & I'll go flying for an hour. :D

Hope you had a good one Nicole, & all you other hardworkers.

No one works harder than the SAHMs.
;) :roll:

Well I fell ill last Friday morning and wasn't able to go to work so I spent the entire day, including the weekend in bed. Watching television inbetween naps. As for today i was feeling a little better but was told by my boss to take an extra day off and relax. But hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.

tweedee said:
Well I fell ill last Friday morning and wasn't able to go to work so I spent the entire day, including the weekend in bed. Watching television inbetween naps. As for today i was feeling a little better but was told by my boss to take an extra day off and relax. But hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.

Good on your Boss! Better he only loses one employee to illness rather than a heap. Hope he's paying you for the day.

Hope you get better real soon.Tomorrow is Spring.

A good belt of OP Rum & all blankets on the bed should sweat all the bugs out. I have some 164% proof (82% v/v) just for that purpose. Trouble is I spend half the Winter trying to catch a cold so I can have some Rum. Beer doesn't work. :LOL:

Tweedee,
Don't feel alone..I fell in the wee hours of the morning rushing to the bathroom..heck, I can't even walk straight much less run! Bumped into an extra chair at the foot of the bed, bounced sideways into the triple dresser, it made me go back-wards and then I fell flat on my bottom. (one or two more steps and I would have sat on the foot of the bed..) Still sore. My DH keeps saying "but you fell onto carpet.." Right! with a concrete slab underneath!

Every Monday ( for the past 18 years) I meet with a group of friends just to chat, do crafts and usually go Taco Bell for lunch. Today I had to get home so DH could make a DR. appointment. He kept doing other things thinking it was for 3:30 but it was 3:00..15 min. to 3 he started for the shower..had to call and reschedule for tomorrow. He is getting so forgetful..it's taxing my brain to do double duty..LOL

I had a great day yesterday. Our anniversary, dinner out. Started the day going for a long walk, got my hair trimmed, hubby played golf. Just a nice, relaxing day.

I'll never forget my grandaughter, when she was about 3 years old. We were visiting and sat down to dinner, and she looked around the table and said "so, how was your day?" So cute. :)

nicole said:
MJ, I made this post only because people who have to go to work to make a living should be asked how there day was. I know that I would love to come home and be asked how my day went. And if you had a bad day I know it can be nice to just get it out.

Nicole, you are a treasure! Kind & considerate as well as beautiful!

I hope your day went well whatever you did. Mine was better after reading your post. :)

lyndalou said:
I had a great day yesterday. Our anniversary, dinner out. Started the day going for a long walk, got my hair trimmed, hubby played golf. Just a nice, relaxing day.

I'll never forget my grandaughter, when she was about 3 years old. We were visiting and sat down to dinner, and she looked around the table and said "so, how was your day?" So cute. :)

Happy Late Anniversary lyndalou! Congratulations, how long have you been married?

Nicole, you are a sweetie to start this thread. I agree that it is nice to talk about how our days went. I had to work an evening shift last night and so I felt like I did 2 days in one! I did all my usual housework during the day and then went to work! My day started out crappy, and then got better. Thank God for my wonderful husband who takes everything in stride. He gets a call at work from a blubbering wife and he doesn't hesitate, just stops what he is doing to console me. Then later when I am at work he jumps in and does all the taxi service, catering and wash up that I would normally do. What a guy!

Oops. Sorry for the novel guys. Guess I needed to vent a bit! :oops:

nicole said:
As I just sit here and
5.gif
13.gif
, and
38.gif
while most of you are at work. I was just wondering how all of your days went. I'm sure by my little story you can see how mine went. Now I have to go and
16.gif
. talk to all you later. Hope you all had a great day. :D
Nicole! i stay home too,and i think people who go to work should ask us stay home wives or moms that how our day went? :) .Well i mean i do get bored to death sometimes.

Lynda, Happy anniversary, Tweede I hope you feel better,KNock on wood I haven't gotten sick yet ! Dove I hope you are ok? I hate when them darn chairs walk out infront of you. I can say that my day is going to be very busy and stressfull. you all know that hubby is down and out. So I get the privalage to SHOVEL the drive in 5 inches of snow, and carry about 5 arms full of log wood up a flight of steps, UGHH....I think after that I am going to take a rest then, start with the rest of things I have to do today. They are calling for another 2-4 inches of snow. My day is nothing but scheduals and when That gets screwed up I start getting nurves and don't know how to get ontop of my list. well, enough about me. I hope you guys are having a good day. And to those that have to shovel snow becareful. :D

Yesterday, I went out to the Pearl Timber Sale to check on the operation. All quiet there to wet and sloppy for hauling. Checked on a culvert that was blocked with snow and went back to the Ranger Station.

Then I parked myself in front of the computer to do a financial statement for the timber sale. Each month all timber sales that are active have to have enough money on account for prior month's hauling, what they will cut the next month and then what they have cut and but has not been removed. We also have a 10 day cut cushion to take care of any overrun. Ok, now that you are bored reading, that is what I did all yesterday afternoon.

Then about 5:00 pm I went and exercised for a half an hour. Buzzed over to the parents and had dinner and picked up my dog.

Brooksy,

Yes it is nice that my boss let me take the day off and yes I do still get paid . 8)

Dove,

Sorry to hear about your bad happening. I've had those kind of days. ;)

Went to the Dr with DH. He has to give up beer for two weeks..(I think I will go live in the woods or a cave during that time) Then back for blood work to see if his electrolytes are OK for a Colenostophy.(sp?) Then home to call the Dr that did his lung surgery for his 6 month check up . Then just before that he has to have a chest X-Ray.

He is making up for not having to see a Dr. for years at a time. When it rains it pours.

Dove, I hope that all of Paul's tests come back A-OK and that you can survive the next 2 weeks! ;)

My day is becoming interesting, but it sure won't be enjoyable. My boss is without a car today and has several meetings out of the office so I get to play driver. My patience will be taxed! I have to leave in about 45 minutes to take him to his next one, about an hour away, sit and wait for it to be finished, and then drive back. I'll then have to take him back out later this afternoon. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this today!

Thanks for asking Nicole :) I stay at home during the winter, and the other three months I landscape, so I have an appreciation for stay at home moms and those that work outside the home. When I do work outside, I plan my schedule around my daughter who is 14, so that I am here when she leaves and here when she gets home.

Today I cleaned a bit, worked out, walked the dog, did some food shopping, and later making dinner. Right now I am waiting for my daughter to come home from a doctors appointment. She dislocated her knee which was extremely painful and still is. Possibly torn ligaments, so surgery might be inevitable. She is very grouchy and tired due to the pain, but we're trying to keep her spirits up. She prefers to be around my husband lately because I am being too "motherly" as she put it. She wants to do things for herself and I keep wanting to help her out, but I should let her do things on her own, thats best.

Feeling some better today,,very tired and weak. I woke up yesterday morning and ran for the bathroom. Spent all day with a bucket at my feet. Even a sip of water wouldn't stay down. This lasted about 14 hours. The doctor insisted that I intake clear liquids..ha! A teaspoon in and 2 qts. out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom