Not really a game but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pinto beans with a couple of chiptole peppers, sliced onion amd cornbread. This is my favorite meal of all time. Great for you and nobody leaves hungry.

later

chili or pasta with meat sauce is my go to meal for ease and comfort

I wonder if Hoppin John has a similar history?????

Well, believe it or not, you just taught me something else! I’ve never heard of Hoppin’ John even though I’ve been eating it for years. Black-eyed peas and rice with ham-hock!

I never would’ve thought that dish had a special name. :LOL:

For super quick, filling, and oh so good, I like to brown ground beef (either in small patties or broken up); add cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms, then serve over mashed potatoes (if I do patties, I just put the sauce over the potatoes), with green beans on the side. Similarly I might add sour cream to the broken up ground beef, soup, and mushrooms and serve on noodles, for quick hamburger stroganoff.

:)Barbara

some pan fried tofu with mushroom sauce over it served with rice is always delish (might be tonights dinner:ohmy:).
Another fav is baked potatoes with grilled veggies roasted tofu and tzatziki...mmmmmmm soo good!!:chef:

wow,SurvivorGirl,Iwould never have imagined eating tofu and tzatziki at the same meal. It's another taste sensation that I have to try!

Iim gonna try it real soon because another of my all time favorites is home style tofu which is basically fried tofu with vegetables, garlic ginger and soy sauce,

Breakfast that includes 2 eggs over medium, Bacon cooked xtra well, mashed potato, and a side of sliced tomato. Cover all with light salt and HEAVY pepper!!!! Yummy!

This was a favorite when I was growing up. Brown up some bone-in pork chops seasoned with a little salt and pepper and put into a baking dish. Cover with a can/jar of B&M baked beans or pork 'n' beans. I prefer the B&M beans because they are richer. Bake, uncovered, at 350F until they start to bubble and the chops are done. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Sounds kinda weird, but they're really, really good. Can you say, "carbs?"

you are right with the translation, but it is something really different...
I'll search for a recipe and then try to translate it...

Hey, Cara!I looked up the LeberKaese. The recipe said that it is a mixture of corned beef, bacon and onion ,ground up and baked like pate. So although it's not like liverwurst, I'd still try it !!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom