Not really a game but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chefellas

Sous Chef
not really a game but I thought it would be fun to learn what everyone's favorite simple meals are. ...something that can be made relatively quickly but still makes you feel happy when you eat it. Mine is :Boiled wild greens withEVOO and lemon juice,potatoes fried in EVOO and goat's milk Feta cheese.Delicious!:chef:

Spaghetti! I use good store-bought sauce, and add sauteed onions, garlic, and hot italian sausage....my comfort food. :)

any pasta dish,omelette sandwich,pb and j sandwich,mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cream.

Pasta with butter,parm reg, topped with a poached egg.

I do the same except with a raw egg, a little garlic, salt, and pepper too. If I have some bacon I will cook that up to for a carbonara type dish.

I will also do the same minus the egg and add some cottage cheese. I learned that from someone here and it is quite tasty and comforting!

"Sounds different, but very good, have to try this one !"

Jacques Pepin has a recipe for it in "Fast Food My Way" If you keep the yolk soft, it creates the sauce.

Keltin- I think I'm gonna have to try your favorite meal!

It’s really good. We used to have it all the time growing up, and it was the very first meal I cooked when I moved out on my own. You can use a can of Cream of Mushroom soup and 3/4 can of water to smother the chops after you’ve browned both sides. Super simple and it makes a delicious gravy.....or you can make your own gravy from scratch, but that’s not as simple. Instant potatoes make it even easier, or make mashed potatoes from scratch.

Pasta with any sauce I can make while the pasta cooks. Herb/Parmesan/Oil or simple Tomato. When the kids aren't in the kitchen, I like to make Puttanesca. If they catch me, though, it's "ANCHOVIES - EWWW"

Keltin- Unfortunately, here in Greece a can of cream of mushroom soup is hard to come by.And I absolutely refuse to use powdered soup mix because of all the chemicals and additives.!

Anchovies???? :huh:

But, I thought you were a vegetarian?

Close, but not quite. I definitely favor vegetarian meals, but I still use some meat . . . minced anchovies in Puttanesca, a little bacon with kale or in carbonara. On rare occasions, I'll eat tuna or cod.

My kids eat meat too. So they may have hamburger with their tacos or chicken in a stir fry while I eat beans or Tofu.

Keltin- Unfortunately, here in Greece a can of cream of mushroom soup is hard to come by.And I absolutely refuse to use powdered soup mix because of all the chemicals and additives.!

Whoa, I didn’t even notice you were in Greece! That’s awesome. I’ve always wanted to visit Greece, and hope one day I will. I could spend years going through the old ruins and observing the art and architecture.

Since you won’t be using the Cream of Mushroom soup, you can simply brown the chops on both sides in some oil, then remove the chops to a covered dish to keep warm. Add a little more oil to the pan, and then add about 2 tablespoons of flour to make a roux. Stir the flour and oil mixture till it’s well incorporated and bubbly. Once it starts to take on a light brown color, add some milk or cream. Add a little at a time, and keep adding and stirring until your gravy is the right consistency. Alternatively, you could use your favorite stock instead of milk or cream if you don’t want a “creamy” type of gravy.

Close, but not quite. I definitely favor vegetarian meals, but I still use some meat . . . minced anchovies in Puttanesca, a little bacon with kale or in carbonara. On rare occasions, I'll eat tuna or cod.

Oh........well your post taught me something. I had to look up what Puttanesca is! What an intersting nickname it has!!! I'm going make it just so I can say the nickname outloud before serving! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom