Ok, a little multicultural...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYCGayTranslator

Assistant Cook
This is what I have to work with for dinner tomorrow:
1lb. Tofu, queso blanco, leek sauce, hoisin sauce, plaintains almost black, chorizo, English muffins, bagels, cream cheese, lox (no, I'm not Jewish), baby carrots, fresh dill, frozen soybeans, canned borscht, dried cellophane noodles that I bought in Shanghai, Goya tomato sauce, blue tortillas, jarred Peruvian Kalamata olives.

How about a quick tomato sauce with kalamatas, poured over grilled tofu and topped with a little shredded carot?

here's an idea for a three course meal

course 1: fry chorizo and serve as an appetizer with the olives.

course 2: tofu w/ hoisin sauce over noodles
- cut up the tofu into about 1" squares and brown in a cast iron pan with a little bit of olive oil (if you don't have, you can get the same effect w/ a little bit of water or even just dry. just have to be careful it doesn't stick).

you didn't mention, but maybe you have some spices that you can turn to. make a hoisin sauce with a few tablespoons of the hoisin, some ginger, red pepper or chili pepper, garlic or garlic powder, a little bit (few tsps) of vinegar and a little bit (less than a tbsp) of sugar.

then cook up the celophane noodles, and serve with the tofu, hoisin sauce, carrots.

course 3: dessert - baked plantains
cut the plantains lengthwise and peel (if you can peel them without mushing them, otherwise, keep the peel on), spinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and put a few pats of butter. bake in the oven at 375 until browned on top.

This is what I have to work with for dinner tomorrow:
1lb. Tofu, queso blanco, leek sauce, hoisin sauce, plaintains almost black, chorizo, English muffins, bagels, cream cheese, lox (no, I'm not Jewish), baby carrots, fresh dill, frozen soybeans, canned borscht, dried cellophane noodles that I bought in Shanghai, Goya tomato sauce, blue tortillas, jarred Peruvian Kalamata olives.
How about you throw in all the veggies and beans and some tofu into the borscht and make a soup out of it? Could you use the noodles, seared chorizo and tomato sauce topped with the queso blanco to make the main course? Use the breads, cream cheese topped with leek and hoisin sauce as your side to put it all together.

NYCG, that is a combo I couldn't come up with one meal. What did you make from it? By the way, different places I've lived chorizo was sometimes raw (here), sometimes smoked. Which was it?

Back
Top Bottom