Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i could cry. they're like babies to me, animals. who could ignore sad puppy-eyes or that baby meow of a kitten. i'm sad & angry. i don't get buying a kitty or pupkins you don't want!!!
stray animals swarm at my Parents, plus dropoffs. we fed so many feral kitties, & during winter, i'd let felix curl into my coat & he'd purr!!! ohhhhhh, i get so sad over animals.
i get to see my & my Parent's furbabies Sunday!!!

the most heartless lady came to the house with her daughter and wanted to take the cutest kitten and then announced to her in front of me that they would get rid of it after her project for animal care (this was Cairo and getting rid of could have meant anything from where she spawned from)............I took one look at her and said "No, I'm sorry.........but my kittens are not for you, then"...........unfortunately I had to run into her and had run-ins with her many years after that.......I actually had her daughter in my Girl Scout Troop and she got carsick on a very busy roundabout.......we cleaned her up, put her in the front seat when it was safe to pull over and tried to call Mom.......no answer.......Melanie refused to go home though I had a driver to take her and we went on with the meeting and she was perfectly fine........that night I got the most nasty phone call from her mum demanding to know why I had not let Melanie out of the car at the point that she said she was feeling sickish............I spoke to her like I would to a mentally challenged child......slowly and precisely........well you know that roundabout (British design) near the railroad tracks with 3 million cars going every which way but loose? Well, do YOU think that we should have stopped to let her out then and there???????? It was wonderful to hear the stammering and the clearing of the throat on the other end......don't mess with me...that was just one of several battles.......

how anyone could hurt animals is just beyond me

Here in the Hamptons, ARF is very present. There are feeding groups that go around to the feral colonies and lovingly feed the animals. Pets are trapped-spayed/neutered-vaccinated and released back to the colony. One ear is lopped partially off so ARF can tell that the animal has been taken care of. One of the houses we lived in this past spring had a colony living behind of about 12 cats - a rather small one. We got 9 trapped and only one had to be put to sleep, she ended up having a huge tumor in her stomach, she wasn't just chubby like we thought. My girls had named her Lucky because in all the times we had been feeding them, she was obviously very old, beautiful long fur (though matted), and missing most of her teeth.

We put a combo of hard/soft food out 2x a day for the colony on our back porch - some would come up while we were there, but we could only pet a few of them until they realized we were touching them. :) Always water, and once a day we'd heat some milk for all of them, as a little treat.

One cat was all black, small, missing an eye that was severely infected, and very pregnant. ARF kept her til the babies were born, adopted out all 5 of her babies, and released her back to our house. Gypsy - as I called her was so vicious with them so the girls and I went in a few times to visit, she would be nice and calm each time we were there to talk to her.

There was one kitten in the colony, about 4 months old. She was trapped, spayed and chipped. A wild little thing my youngest daughter named Pipsy - she was Gypsy's only surviving baby from her last litter. We brought her into our house and it took about a week before she would come out from the little cave area we made for her, but now she's SO affectionate, we know she's very thankful for her little comfy life now. She's so affectionate that sometimes I have to keep putting her to the side off of me and eventually she'll settle down next to one of our legs, or across our lap - and just stare at us, it's so cute.

Anyway, all that rambling to say that there are so many pet lovers, and way too many animal haters - if they don't want the animal or can't take care of it, then drop it off in a box at a vets door during the night, or some animal shelter, or at someones house that they know has a well loved animal and let them deal with finding a good home for the pet. How hard can that be? And as much as I am against animal cruelty, I still feel that if an animal has killed another, it will continue. I feel they have to be put to sleep because the consequences of keeping that animal alive and the damage that will be done is not good. Regardless of how much the animal is tame and loving when around their owner, you can't predict what is going on in the animals mind and what they will do. Control has to be with not only keeping a leash on the animal, that only goes so far in protecting other animals and people from them.

Oh LeeAnn... you and the kitty Cats...lol.. how many do you have now? They seem to come to you because they know you and and the girls will love and take care of them.

Smiles, Trish!!

i am so mad i could spit. another cold is settling in my chest. coughing, nose running, no appetite , tired etc.
i am to many things i want to do, to be sick.
hope anger will help it to go away sooner.:ROFLMAO:

I'm sorry babe! That is a miserable feeling. Is it still as hot as it has been? That makes it worse in some ways I think! In case being mad at it doesn't help, I'll pray that you get better soon!

:(Barbara

My baby is leaving today:(
I know he will be ok and that he will be able to get work there, he's already a phone interview and has one set for wedneday up there. I will miss him terribly though!!

:) Trish, we only have 4. Tiger, Tilly, Tinker - the ones that drove here with us, and now Pipsy - the little feral kitten who is almost a year old. NO more pets in this house - I've turned down LOTS, I told the girls that this is 4 cats and 3 hermit crabs past my limit. hmm. When they get their own homes, they can have as many pets as they want, but no more will be added here. As long as they've been talking, they all want some kind of work that involves taking care of animals - I suppose it's in their blood. I had pets of just about every kind growing up and loved them to pieces, the girls can't help but want the same. :)
I've missed talking to you!!

Hi LeeAnn, Get signed on to MSN again!!! I'm always on there!!!

The time diffrence makes it hard but..there are times when we can meet up.

Trish!!

The economy picked a really bad time to do what it's doing. I so want to walk off my job. My boss' mother is making things far more difficult than they need to be. She's tellilng me to do things I already do. She is installing a camera that will be trained on my screen all day every day which means even at lunch I won't be free to just do things like this. I feel to violated right now. AND she tells me to stick to a schedule but the fracks up the schedule by going to the mail box and bank on the wrong days and then blames me when I don't see X bill because she's taken it off to look at it. What a bloody pain in the neck this woman is.

Callisto, that's such a shame.........you have every right to be stressed..........we had a doctor's wife who would come to the clinic once a week to "help" and she just made people's lives miserable.............the head nurse was an absolute dragon and foaming at the mouth by noon......I just stayed out of the way and under the firing range........I remember calling their office and letting them know that the last patient was there and having to inform "helpful wife"...........well, time went on and on and this patient was fuming and pacing.........I called back to the doctor's office and asked if they knew that they still had one patient out here........the head nurse screamed "what??????" apparently helpful wife forgot.........oh, no, I would not have wanted to be in that office for anything on Thursdays...........hang in there until something better comes along.......Mama is probably suffering from the effects of old age on the brain..........sorry you feel like you're in a stalag and big Momma is watching you

Callisto,
Hang in there. There are ups and downs in EVERY job but others are just intolerable. Try looking for a new job to make things better for you. I'm sending you prayers.

I just need to sound off - I'm so fed up with being moaned at, shouted at and treated though things going wrong in our house. Today, someone really annoyed DW at work and I got the brunt of her reaction down the phone whilst I was trying to cook dinner for the boys. She was being so mad, angry and cross and I got it. She just seems to being ratty everyday and if I say anything - I get it in spades.

I had a counsoler once tell me miniman that the people who love us most will treat us badly sometimes because they feel safe doing it. They know that tomorrow... you'll still love them. I think about that when Paul has to let off steam. I know that doesn't always help..but, sometimes...it does.

MM----hate to say it but it was probably that time of the moon, too...............try and listen with a detached ear.........I totally agree with pdswife.......your DW doesn't mean it but she's so frustrated right now.......my hubby after 35 years is finally catching on.......just ignore her moodiness, let her rant, listen, and plow ahead..........now if she keeps it up all the time of course you'll need to have a sit-down and get it out in the open and see what's really wrong.....I know....it frustrates you, too........

I had a counsoler once tell me miniman that the people who love us most will treat us badly sometimes because they feel safe doing it. They know that tomorrow... you'll still love them. I think about that when Paul has to let off steam. I know that doesn't always help..but, sometimes...it does.
I'm not a counselor, but that is exactly the same conclusion I came to a year or so ago! I love James more than he will ever know, but I sometimes say things to him that I would never say to anyone else (and in a tone I would never use with anyone else), and he does the same (although probably not as often as me--I'm horrible sometimes!). I know that he will forgive my rantings (and he knows I will forgive his). This still doesn't make it right, but it's just the way it is. Thankfully, most of the time we are nice to each other!

:)Barbara

me & jake get snippety with each other & yell some days. not usually, thoguh.

we love each other dearly. often it's not him i'm angry with, occasionally, not often. & he'll be cranky & yell when he works over. he's tired.

MM I'm sorry...
I can not understand taking out your problems on someone not involved. I see it alot... at home here too.... and I cannot and will not scream at someone not involved. There's no point.
Talking about it, fine.
Treating someone else badly because you're upset.... they don't deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom