Recent Grad in Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charolastra

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone! I have recently relocated from Boston (where I graduated from college) to Atlanta (where I grew up and have a boyfriend that gives me free rent :P) to job hunt. I find the lack of of anything to do and knowing no one a big change from living with my 5 best friends and the stress of my ultra-competitive school, so I've decided to get much more serious about cooking just to have something to do aside from my 15 job apps a day goal. My other forums are almost all either political (and therefore very charged and stressful) or employment related, so this will be a welcome change.

I've always cooked, taught others at my college to cook, and entertained, but it's a bit of a struggle with my very picky boyfriend! It's only been recently that I've gotten him off of the macaroni and cheese, pizza, and chicken finger diet (and that was ALL he would eat- completely unwilling to try anything!). I've been here a month and he's lost 10 pounds and I've gained 5. The way it always goes, I suppose. :LOL:

This is the first time I've *had* to cook for someone else. I was so busy at school that I got very used to cooking a few big meals on the weekend and then freezing them in individual containers to reheat throughout the week. I've never cooked something new every day and I'm quickly running through my typical recipes before heading into things I know he won't eat. I'm mostly here to get new ideas!

I'm especially interested in international food. I've lived in Iceland, Southern Mexico, and London as well as traveled through Europe, so some of my favorite foods include things that only Andrew Zimmern would eat! More conventionally, I'm always on the lookout for good game, lamb, and mole (the sauce, not the animal) recipes. Look forward to meeting you all!

Hi Char and welcome. You'll find lots of help here. It's nice, and is non-judgmental about other's culinary foibles. Everyone seems open to new ideas and new twists on old ones.
:)

Back
Top Bottom