Saturday March 23, '24 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
We had our main meal early today, Krock's Meatloaf (meat-less) glazed with balsamic vinegar and ketchup, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Delicious.
I've made this meatloaf about 5 times now and it always pleases us. *Bonus points for not having crunchy parts-good for soft food dental days, but slices can be crisped up in the air fryer for other days.

We had our main meal early today, Krock's Meatloaf (meat-less) glazed with balsamic vinegar and ketchup, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Delicious.
I've made this meatloaf about 5 times now and it always pleases us. *Bonus points for not having crunchy parts-good for soft food dental days, but slices can be crisped up in the air fryer for other days.

I haven't made a smoked meatloaf since last summer. Smoking a meatloaf that is 50/50 beef and pork is amazing. It takes about an hour, and ground meat takes the smoke perfectly in that amount of time.

I smoke it on my Webber Kettle, so it is really quick and easy, and requires very little cleanup. You just open the vents after cooking, and let the coals burn off any grease and other crud. Done.

CD

Saturday gravy. Hard to see, but sliced braciole is at top, a couple of meatballs in middle, then a half piece of sausage at bottom.
20240323_184945.jpg

I made my variation of Chief's Stove Top Deep Brown Beans. I used wieners as the meat, 'cause we like it that way. We had about one serving of brown basmati rice left from Thursday's supper, so I mixed that into the beans. We also had coleslaw.

Chief's stove top beans, with rice, and Linda's coleslaw.jpg
Chief's stove top beans, with rice, and Linda's coleslaw 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom