Taco Tuesday (NOT!) 11/17 Let's Eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
London Broil, Horseradish & BBQ Sauce, Roasted Butternut Nuggets, Lefty Peas & Carrots, Deli Potato Salad....

London Broil, Roasted Butternut.jpg

I had shrimp fra diavola with a green salad. Frank had veal parm with spaghetti and the salad. Both of us have girl scout cookies for dessert!

IMG_6571.jpg

I had two grilled ground Beef patties leftover from the other night's Bacon Cheese Burger and Fries, so I repurposed them into Hamburger Steak Plate ... Meh :neutral:
*Note to self: next time you make gravy from boxed broth,
make sure to add sautéed mushrooms and onions ... that was really flat tasting.

Saving grace:

IMG_6542.jpg

Ice cream later :LOL:

I had an assortment of Trader Joe's triple cream brie, cave aged blue cheese, double cream Gouda cheeses and port wine cheese spread. ShopRite bakery round loaf Italian bread, pepperoni and sweet sopressata for dinner.

Last night I played with my new kitchen toy, and made some sous vide shrimp, and it turned out really good - not the least bit rubbery. I made it to add to some jambalaya, though I ate a few with that Thai basil dip. The rest I'll add to the jambalaya, after it has been reheated - adding it all at once, and reheating it with the jambalaya, will make it turn rubbery. Usually, I have several people helping me eat it, and it's gone in one night!

Tonight, I made the jambalaya in the Instant Pot, with some brown basmati rice, cooking on low pressure for 18 minutes. It was still a little too moist, so I let it sit, covered, another 5 or 6 minutes, and it was just right.
Thin layer of jambalaya, topped with 4 halved sous vide shrimp. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

More jambalaya added, to top the shrimp, and warm it up. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We had leftovers from the Indian food we ordered a few days ago and more of the brown basmati I cooked for it. We tried some fresh, store bought, artisanal, red lentil soup. It was quite good. I guess it's time to find some lentil soup recipes.

Back
Top Bottom