Thursday's Dinner Table 10/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

PrincessFiona - Enjoy your honeymoon!

Kids are off to school and so begins the day. After I run a few errands, I have to get home to catch up on the never ending pile of paperwork.

Tonight's dinner will be a Greek version of arroz con pollo ... a whole chicken cut-up and baked in the oven with rice, lemon zest and juice, dill, diced tomatoes and feta cheese . You gotta love those one-pot meals;)

Enjoy the day:chef:

For lunch I'm having last night's leftovers. Which consists of chickpea salad and then saute'ed broccoli, red and green peppers, mushrooms and onions with brown rice. Delicious. :)

Tonight we're probably going to our local diner. They do a great bacon and cheddar omelette and instead of homefries I substitute broccoli. I loves me my broccoli!

Pork loin is on sale $1.99 lb this week. I will cut the loin in 1/2. Half for a roast goes in the freezer. The other ½ will be either cut into chops and pan fried or cutlets which will be pounded thin, breaded & fried for dinner tonight. TBDL
So the dinner plan will probably be: Pork loin with gravy served with broccoli rabe sautéed with garlic, EVOO & grapeseed oil, spaetzle with cheese sauce & salad.

I'm really not sure what to have for dinner. I have a few options. Chicken and Couscous with a nice salad, I have some beef I could do a roast with, I have all the stuff to make Sam the Cooking Guys spicy sausage pasta.

Taking some chicken corn chowder to work with me tonight. Leaving chicken soup and sandwich makings for the family. Toasted tomato...mmmmmmmmmm!

Well, after adding chopped celery root, chopped turnips, onions, chopped potatoes, mushrooms and carrots to the Dutch oven I realized that there was now no room for the pot roast. Good thing I have a second Dutch oven;)

Well, after adding chopped celery root, chopped turnips, onions, chopped potatoes, mushrooms and carrots to the Dutch oven I realized that there was now no room for the pot roast. Good thing I have a second Dutch oven;)

LOL! I can just imagine the scene if you didn't have a second one handy.

We had most of a rotisserie chicken leftover so I made chicken and rice and with it we will have baby lima beans. carrot and raisin salad and corny corn bread. Nectarines and ice cream for dessert.

I made a quick tomato meat sauce for pasta.

Our grandson (almost 4 yo) is visiting and will be here for dinner. His favorite is Grampy's pasta sauce over penne. I love to watch him shovel it in as fast as he can, mumbling "This is soooo good!" over and over.

It helps if he's really hungry when dinner time rolls around.

Pork loin sliced thin breaded Italian style and fried served with broccoli rabe (sautéed with slivered garlic, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt, ground peppercorns, EVOO & grapeseed oil), buttered spaetzle draped with cheese sauce (Knorr’s 4 cheese sauce mix with Frank’s hot sauce, dry yellow mustard & shredded cheddar added).

img_925586_0_1af29e570989bcad8d742fb284299949.jpg

I'm doing Goodweed's sloppy joes. DH found a supplier of really good gluten free bread products so lunch was french toast and dinner had to center around his potato onion hamburger buns. And I haven't pulled that recipe out in awhile so tonight's the night!

Wish we could have fries with them but our fryer is broken :((too much use!) so I will have to come up with a side.

It was a choice between Mrs .40 making hamburger helper or .40 making goulash. We're having goulash tonight.

I'm doing Goodweed's sloppy joes. DH found a supplier of really good gluten free bread products so lunch was french toast and dinner had to center around his potato onion hamburger buns. And I haven't pulled that recipe out in awhile so tonight's the night!

Wish we could have fries with them but our fryer is broken :((too much use!) so I will have to come up with a side.
Can you post the link to the recipe LP? Thank you

I baked some haddock and than put it into a salad I made. The salad was a lot fo things - radishes, some lettuce, cheese, carrots, broccolli, piquillo peppers, hardboiled egg, and probably some stuff I forgot since we ate it all. I also made a homemade lemon based vinegrette to go on it.

Can you post the link to the recipe LP? Thank you

Sorry, MsM, I actually got it directly from Goodweed of the North but I am sure if you ask him nicely he will send it on to you as well! Tell him LP sent you for the best Sloppy Joe Sauce recipe ever! :)

Oh, and thanks for the belated birthday wishes! :)

Sorry, MsM, I actually got it directly from Goodweed of the North but I am sure if you ask him nicely he will send it on to you as well! Tell him LP sent you for the best Sloppy Joe Sauce recipe ever! :)

Oh, and thanks for the belated birthday wishes! :)
Thank you and you're welcome LP!!

Should I tell him I need his help getting sauced?

I found a 10# fresh pork picnic ham for 99 cents/#. It was so big, I had to cook it in my soup pot (after peeling off the skin). After 5 hours at 325 it was gorgeous. I didn't season it when I cooked it, because I love that natural flavor. I sliced myself off a hunk, cut it into smaller slices and just added a little sprinkle of salt. Heaven!

Now I have to add more beans to my next grocery list as the 1 cup of pinto beans I have left on hand won't be enough for that enormous bone. Or... I'll check to see if there are collard greens available.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom