Dinner Monday 21st January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks MsM.
I don't make meatballs a lot, but when I do I bake (roast?) them. I use a half sheet and I was just wondering how a cooling rack would work. To keep them off the pan.

A rack would probably get rid of the soggy bottoms. But then you'd have to clean the rack...

A rack would probably get rid of the soggy bottoms. But then you'd have to clean the rack...

Yes, no soggy bottoms and no turning, but I wasn't sure if the meatballs would form themselves around the wire as they cooked. That wouldn't be good.
Maybe next time I make them I'll see, unless someone steps in and says they've tried it and it works (or not).

Thanks MsM.
I don't make meatballs a lot, but when I do I bake (roast?) them. I use a half sheet and I was just wondering how a cooling rack would work. To keep them off the pan.
Never tried a rack but would save the trouble of draining them.

Yes, no soggy bottoms and no turning, but I wasn't sure if the meatballs would form themselves around the wire as they cooked. That wouldn't be good.
Maybe next time I make them I'll see, unless someone steps in and says they've tried it and it works (or not).
Do burgers form themselves around the rack when you BBQ? Sounds like a great idea and I will try it next time.

Do burgers form themselves around the rack when you BBQ? Sounds like a great idea and I will try it next time.

I've seen them do that a little with my Smokey Joe. It has a thinner wire for the grate. If you don't make sure they have released you've got an ugly burger when you flip it.
Dang... I feel like making meatballs now :yum:

I've never used a rack, so can't comment. I will say, though, that once the meatballs are mixed with a sauce, soggy bottoms don't matter; I'd rather avoid having to clean the rack :mrgreen:

I hear ya there, GG. I did a mass bacon cook on my cooling racks before, thinking it would keep them out of the grease. You wouldn't think bacon could stick to wire like that... The strips lifted off, but oh what a mess.

Back
Top Bottom