What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brunch was sausage bread and an over-easy egg.

egg_sausage_bread_011223_IMG_0542.jpg

Last Sunday, for brunch, I had a 7-inch waffle with maple syrup and topped it with a fritatta of the same size with the cubed potato, beef, pork, bacon, red and green bell peppers, and a seeded diced jalopy pepper, topped with a five Italian cheese blend, and a pineapple mimosa. As the old TV commercial said:

Wow and Wow again! Looks great Silversage. I don't think I have ever had Eggs Benedict. Guess that belongs in the Never have I ever thread, LOL.
Is it possible to make a Hollandaise and many others in tiny quantities? I want to learn/practice the sauces but can't do it just to throw them away.

Breakfast, well, made waffles just the other day, will probably have the last of them today.

(hmmm, typed this 5 hours ago... :huh:

Wow and Wow again! Looks great Silversage. I don't think I have ever had Eggs Benedict. Guess that belongs in the Never have I ever thread, LOL.
Is it possible to make a Hollandaise and many others in tiny quantities? I want to learn/practice the sauces but can't do it just to throw them away.

Breakfast, well, made waffles just the other day, will probably have the last of them today.

(hmmm, typed this 5 hours ago... :huh:
Kenji to the rescue! Lol If you have an immersion blender, it's easy and, according to him, fool-proof.
Quick Immersion Blender Hollandaise Recipe

Kenji to the rescue! Lol If you have an immersion blender, it's easy and, according to him, fool-proof.
Quick Immersion Blender Hollandaise Recipe
Thank you for that link. I have saved the recipe. Now I'm just wondering if there is a use for leftover Hollandaise. I know it can't be reheated, but can it be used cold? It would be hard to cut that recipe down from the cup and a half that it makes, since there is a single egg yoke in the ingredient list.

My thoughts exactly taxy... guess there is no such thing a single serving Hollandaise.

Unless you serve your egg with fish and aparagus. Bit rich even for me.

Monday had 4 mangos for $1 (reduced produce), and today they had 1 lb of strawberries for $1. Breakfast was oatmeal, one mango cubed, and 1/2 lb of strawberries, for each of us. I love it when no-plan works out.

...Now I'm just wondering if there is a use for leftover Hollandaise. I know it can't be reheated, but can it be used cold?
I have actually reheated it back when I would make eggs Benedict. (Haven't for years, but it might be time again.) I would reheat it in my smallest pan, adding just a dribble of warm water when it was close to warm enough to make it really emulsified. Sounds like the microwave method is even easier

Back
Top Bottom