"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #1631
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Dessert is always my favorite part of any meal, what was yours today? Mine was pecan pie, but took it home in a to go box, mom is visiting tomorrow & I know she loves that pie.
SB, we made a Classic Baked Cheesecake, it was delicious

Your pecan pie sounds lovely!
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #1632
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Beef pasta from last night
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #1633
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
No lunch today, upset stomach & spending way to much time in the bathroom. I must get to tamer foods I keep putting in my body: zesty bratwursts, popcorn & ice-cream.....ouch! My mind tells me I want to eat it but my body is letting me know differently.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #1634
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
No lunch today, upset stomach & spending way to much time in the bathroom. I must get to tamer foods I keep putting in my body: zesty bratwursts, popcorn & ice-cream.....ouch! My mind tells me I want to eat it but my body is letting me know differently.
Your system just isn't ready for such a major change in your eating habits yet. And tis time to get back on that diet. It can take you up to six months to get back to normal. Go slow. I worry about you. Your body has had a major invasion. It is trying to heal and you are too impatient. I do understand. I have had five major invasive operations, one which was open heart surgery. My youngest son who is the PA was given permission to watch my heart surgery. He was all right until they took my heart out and laid it on my chest while they worked on it. It was just too much for him. They did five bypasses. So I know what it is like to try and recover from major surgery. I also had part of my stomach removed due to having ulcers that were eating my ulcers.

Get the idea? It takes time to heal. The kindest thing you can do for yourself and your family is take it easy in the eating department. I am so much like you. After just four weeks after my heart surgery, I went back to work. I was working only four hours a day. And that proved to be way too much. But I was sick of being sick and wanted to get out of the house and away from doctors. I wanted to eat what I wanted. Not what my body was telling me I could only eat. I wanted my life back as I knew it. I would wake up in the morning ready to take on the world. By noon, I was ready for a long nap. The more I fought it, the longer it took me to heal.

I just recently, as you know, had surgery on both eyes. Everyone else who had the same surgery that day went home that night. Not me. I was having a difficult time shaking the anesthesia. And of course I was impatient AGAIN! It seems like I will never learn. Had I given in and just slept off the anesthesia, I would have been home that night in my own bed.

Take it easy. Eat what you know your system can handle. And try to get back on that diet. You were doing so good. Everyone has been so proud of all the progress you made. And don't forget to rest. Stop being so impatient. Give your body the time it needs to heal properly and I guarantee you will feel so much better in the end. And the more weight you lose, the faster you will heal and the better you will feel. I promise. (I never break a promise. Ask my kids.) And one for you!
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #1635
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
I had some toast with honey today
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #1636
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Your system just isn't ready for such a major change in your eating habits yet. And tis time to get back on that diet. It can take you up to six months to get back to normal. Go slow. I worry about you. Your body has had a major invasion. It is trying to heal and you are too impatient. I do understand. I have had five major invasive operations, one which was open heart surgery. My youngest son who is the PA was given permission to watch my heart surgery. He was all right until they took my heart out and laid it on my chest while they worked on it. It was just too much for him. They did five bypasses. So I know what it is like to try and recover from major surgery. I also had part of my stomach removed due to having ulcers that were eating my ulcers.

Get the idea? It takes time to heal. The kindest thing you can do for yourself and your family is take it easy in the eating department. I am so much like you. After just four weeks after my heart surgery, I went back to work. I was working only four hours a day. And that proved to be way too much. But I was sick of being sick and wanted to get out of the house and away from doctors. I wanted to eat what I wanted. Not what my body was telling me I could only eat. I wanted my life back as I knew it. I would wake up in the morning ready to take on the world. By noon, I was ready for a long nap. The more I fought it, the longer it took me to heal.

I just recently, as you know, had surgery on both eyes. Everyone else who had the same surgery that day went home that night. Not me. I was having a difficult time shaking the anesthesia. And of course I was impatient AGAIN! It seems like I will never learn. Had I given in and just slept off the anesthesia, I would have been home that night in my own bed.

Take it easy. Eat what you know your system can handle. And try to get back on that diet. You were doing so good. Everyone has been so proud of all the progress you made. And don't forget to rest. Stop being so impatient. Give your body the time it needs to heal properly and I guarantee you will feel so much better in the end. And the more weight you lose, the faster you will heal and the better you will feel. I promise. (I never break a promise. Ask my kids.) And one for you!
Wow, you have been through alot w surgeries addie, I commend you! I try to be patient, but as you know, that can be difficult. Starting out slow today with just some toast & cereal w plans to only work 4 or 5 hours today. Protein still gives me a real gut ache though, guess I will just have to ease back into it. Thank you for the support. You are a vey kind & caring person!
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #1637
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Wow, you have been through alot w surgeries addie, I commend you! I try to be patient, but as you know, that can be difficult. Starting out slow today with just some toast & cereal w plans to only work 4 or 5 hours today. Protein still gives me a real gut ache though, guess I will just have to ease back into it. Thank you for the support. You are a vey kind & caring person!
Now that's the idea. Not overdoing it. Right now you are caught in a 'dammed if you do' and 'dammed if you don't.' So go with the 'don't' and go slow with the protein. I just takes time. Patience is not my virtue either. Thank you for the angels.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #1638
Assistant Cook
 
Ireneu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 16
Today I have had boiled cauliflower with mayonnaise sauce and two pieces of griddled pork. As a dessert, strawberries macerated in sugary milk.

-Ireneu-
__________________
The cook dish is always the emptiest. The cook is never hungry.
Ireneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #1639
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,414
Sushi for lunch. Shrimp and spicy tuna rolls.
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #1640
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Wow, you have been through alot w surgeries addie, I commend you! I try to be patient, but as you know, that can be difficult. Starting out slow today with just some toast & cereal w plans to only work 4 or 5 hours today. Protein still gives me a real gut ache though, guess I will just have to ease back into it. Thank you for the support. You are a vey kind & caring person!
Hi, sb. When I was recovering from abdominal surgery, I had smoothies with vanilla yogurt and protein powder for breakfast. You can put fruit in it, too. That and toast or an English muffin makes a balanced breakfast that's easy on the tummy. Take care.
__________________

__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lunch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.