What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm in love. I made a Tom Kha-style coconut sauce last night for a drizzle over seared scallops. Today I turned the leftover sauce into a soup, with chicken stock, bottled Kaffir lime leaves, minced ginger, frozen chopped lemongrass, and mushrooms. Really tasty!

Last edited:
Yes, I love it but only one shop in Pretoria sells it :( That's an hours drive from here. I use oxo, my second favourite. I say marmite but I never buy actual marmite.

Snip, so the Oxo spread tastes like Marmite then? I thought Oxo was beef stock?

That is a pity that you would have to drive an hour for some Vegemite :(

Last edited:
Somehow we managed to dismiss the grocery store today. We were both in the car, we drove by and already decided before the turn that we didn't need anything. I'm still making up the list of things we should have gotten...that we didn't think of until we got home.

How many days is it before cats start eating their owners if not fed?

Drove thru subway for lunch with a 9 grain sweet onion chicken, 6" sub. with no cheese & fresh veggies & a small bag of baked ruffles with a low calorie (45) G-2 sports drink.

thick liverwurst sandwich on thin, dark german rye bread, minced red onion, brown mustard. pile of baby dill pickles. fogchaser coffee, see's chocolates, (2)...so far. :)

We had the pizza burgers that were intended for dinner last night, with marinara sauce.

thick liverwurst sandwich on thin, dark german rye bread, minced red onion, brown mustard. pile of baby dill pickles. fogchaser coffee, see's chocolates, (2)...so far. :)

Okay, I'm looking forward to lunch in a couple hours and after a trip to the store:pig:

Late lunch following a late breakfast - a cup of leftover Max & Erma's Chicken Tortilla Soup. It's pretty good; I replaced the Velveeta with mozzarella, which didn't melt in as well as it could have. DH bought Velveeta today, which was NOT on the list lol and apparently wants the soup again.

Back
Top Bottom