What's cooking Labor Day Monday September 7, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night I grilled Lemon Garlic marinated turkey kabobs along with mixed grilled vegetables (zucchini, yellow summer squash, red onion, red & yellow bell peppers, mushrooms). Served with Roasted Garlic couscous, a big Greek salad, & warmed buttered soft pita bread.

Last night I grilled Lemon Garlic marinated turkey kabobs along with mixed grilled vegetables (zucchini, yellow summer squash, red onion, red & yellow bell peppers, mushrooms). Served with Roasted Garlic couscous, a big Greek salad, & warmed buttered soft pita bread.
that sounds GREAT BC!! what do you put on/in your greek salad? i love anchovies on mine.

I LOVE anchovies too, but unfortunately it's a passion not shared by my husband. He likes them in olive-oil dipping sauces & other pasta sauces, but not in salads or on pizza, etc. Thus, I must enjoy them alone - lol!!

As for the other ingredients - bite-size Romaine lettuce, fresh farmers market tomato chunks, English (aka seedless & relatively burpless) cucumber chunks, red onion (again, just on my portion - lol), garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), a good sprinkling of dried oregano, freshly ground black pepper, & of course - crumbled feta cheese. Lightly tossed with some red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, & extra-virgin olive oil.

I LOVE anchovies too, but unfortunately it's a passion not shared by my husband. He likes them in olive-oil dipping sauces & other pasta sauces, but not in salads or on pizza, etc. Thus, I must enjoy them alone - lol!!

As for the other ingredients - bite-size Romaine lettuce, fresh farmers market tomato chunks, English (aka seedless & relatively burpless) cucumber chunks, red onion (again, just on my portion - lol), garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), a good sprinkling of dried oregano, freshly ground black pepper, & of course - crumbled feta cheese. Lightly tossed with some red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, & extra-virgin olive oil.
thats great!! you don't have to share!! LOL i like them with a nice hunk of crusty bread when i don't have salad. i don't like them cooked much, just out of the can. no black or green olives in your salad? sounds wonderful!

Thanks for the reminder!!! Yes, I did add both black pitted California olives (hubby loves them) & pitted Kalamatas (mostly for me) as well.

Thanks for the reminder!!! Yes, I did add both black pitted California olives (hubby loves them) & pitted Kalamatas (mostly for me) as well.
now thats a greek salad!! yummy my car is in the shop so i can't go and shop like i usually do. i have to rely on hubbing or i would get the fixin's and make that right now!!

my granddaughter's bday/bbq was a lot of fun. she had burgers and also chicken on the grill. my daughter brought a potato dish. i took a big bowl of egg salad dip and fritos. big hit.

also made and took luscious lemon poke cake. that was just a great success. one guy said i am not a cake person, as he took his second piece. a very pleasant afternoon.

my granddaughter's bday/bbq was a lot of fun. she had burgers and also chicken on the grill. my daughter brought a potato dish. i took a big bowl of egg salad dip and fritos. big hit.

also made and took luscious lemon poke cake. that was just a great success. one guy said i am not a cake person, as he took his second piece. a very pleasant afternoon.
LOL @ at 2nd piece of cake!! it sounds like it was fantastic cake!! i like lemon!! glad you had a lovely day.

btw are you all healed from your fall? i ask because my toes i banged up on vacation still hurt and they weren't even close to the bad hurt you had. i hope you are feeling much better. (i hope that made sense because there a lot of crap going on here and i can't think straight LOL)

What a labor day plate!....simple, but yet delicious. What is in your pasta salad? I would assume a simple dressing and olives? Did you just smoke your ribs... or do you have a rub/sauce on them?

The ribs are just smoked with a dry rub put on before hand. Pasta salad is just oil, vinegar, some Italian spices and parmesan cheese.

chicken legs with mashed potatoes and some kind of vegie. Mine with be with bbq sauce and Mark's will have a seasoned coating.... tossed salad to start things off.
This was our dinner. I didn't make two different kinds of chicken legs, since I was pressed for time. There was no recipe, but it was kind of a BBQ rub. It came out really tasty! :chef:

img_849625_0_f8450f09dd6ed80eed85a8d15c169eea.jpg

img_849625_1_e5a802ff4bff6e799e8e4728029659c8.jpg

LOL @ at 2nd piece of cake!! it sounds like it was fantastic cake!! i like lemon!! glad you had a lovely day.

btw are you all healed from your fall? i ask because my toes i banged up on vacation still hurt and they weren't even close to the bad hurt you had. i hope you are feeling much better. (i hope that made sense because there a lot of crap going on here and i can't think straight LOL)

i am doing good. my foot and ankle swell if i am on it to much in the heat. it has really made me be careful when rising from a chair. thanks so much for the concern. sorry things are hectic for you. i do use the cane whenever i go outside. just gives me more confidence. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom