What's for dinner Sunday 20 March 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had two pastrami and one smoked bologna sandwiches today, I decided it was time for a changeup tonight. Plus that whole, too much of a good thing... so I'm heating up some leftover cream cheese & ranch chicken from the other night and serving over jasmine rice. Broccoli on the side.

Caesar salad w/home made croutons, and 4 sugar-free fudge cookies for dessert.

Wow, that chicken looks out of this world Frank!!

It's been raining cats and dogs all day here...a real Frog Strangler.

I've been working on chicken stew with a meaty chicken carcass in Swansons chicken broth, pulled off the meat, and added the leftover Colcannan from St. Paddy's day, some celery, carrots, onions, mushrooms, peas. It's about ready for the Bisquick dill dumplings.
Just the thing for a dark rainy day.

Last edited:
If you have some good swiss cheese and Courvoisier, this is wonderful:

Sautee chicken breasts in olive oil and butter, when cooked, top with good swiss cheese, just before it is melted, add Courvoisier (one turn around the pan) and sautee for a few minutes. Enjoy
I don't have either of these, but thank you for the idea! :flowers:

I have posted this before and got no response. But it is very easy and tasty.

Smells like Thanksgiving

1 or 2 boneless, skinless, trimmed of all fat chicken breast
1 cup reguar rice
2 cups low salt, fat free chicken broth(1 can with water added to make 2 cups)
1 heaping T dried celery flakes
1 heaping T dried onion
½ to ¾ t dried sage

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix rice and herbs in a casserole dish that has a tight fitting lid, add heated broth, stir. Lay chicken on top, cover and bake for 25-30 minutes until rice broth is absorbed and chicken it cooked through. Enjoy!!
I was actually thinking of a "Thanksgiving smell" when I was trying to decide! Thanks! I am making this! :cool::flowers:

Wow, that chicken looks out of this world Frank!!

It's been raining cats and dogs all day here...a real Frog Strangler.

I've been working on chicken stew with a meaty chicken carcass in Swansons chicken broth, pulled off the meat, and added the leftover Colcannan from St. Paddy's day, some celery, carrots, onions, mushrooms, peas. It's about ready for the Bisquick dill dumplings.
Just the thing for a dark rainy day.

It was totally yummy!

We expect rain here tomorrow. Chicken and dumplings sound wonderful!

After church we stopped at an Asian buffet place so we had a late big lunch. Supper was a bag of microwave popcorn and a glass of milk!

i have posted this before and got no response. But it is very easy and tasty.

Smells like thanksgiving

1 or 2 boneless, skinless, trimmed of all fat chicken breast
1 cup reguar rice
2 cups low salt, fat free chicken broth(1 can with water added to make 2 cups)
1 heaping t dried celery flakes
1 heaping t dried onion
½ to ¾ t dried sage

pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix rice and herbs in a casserole dish that has a tight fitting lid, add heated broth, stir. Lay chicken on top, cover and bake for 25-30 minutes until rice broth is absorbed and chicken it cooked through. Enjoy!!

yummy

B/S Chicken breast cubes (dredged in a blend of - white whole wheat flour, cornstarch, paprika, cayenne, ground peppercorns, my all purpose seasoning blend, salt and poultry seasoning) double fried in peanut oil served with blue cheese dressing and homemade buffalo sauce (butter, Frank’s and Louisiana hot sauces), French fries (cut on a mandolin slicer) double fried in peanut oil and salad.

img_981341_0_6b8106fa15d962c929495ab780d0f278.jpg

Blue cheese dressing and homemade buffalo sauce (butter, Frank’s and Louisiana hot sauces).

img_981341_1_9dba784bc333f816e6fe93db554b1c11.jpg

Did you re-type that? The dried onion and celery flakes are Heaping T(ablespoon) not t(easpoon)

And my name lost it's capitalization and the first word in the post was a capital I.?????

Last edited:
Did you re-type that? The dried onion and celery flakes are Heaping T(ablespoon) not t(easpoon)

And my name lost it's capitalization and the first word in the post was a capital I.?????
All I did was quote it. I did no re-typing of it. I hate how this site just changes the text from caps to lower case whenever it feels like it!! If I want to show I like something or such I SHOULD (that should be in all caps lets see if it comes out that way) be able to use all caps if I want to!! My YUMMY was also changed from all caps to lower case.

See what I mean .... it just decides to change the case randomly. Your recipe I quoted the caps were changed to lower case but this post wasn't. No rhythm or reason to it so to speak! It is really annoying!!

Last edited:

All I did was quote it. I hate how this site just changes the text from caps to lower case whenever it feels like it!! If I want to show I like something or such I SHOULD (that should be in all caps lets see if it comes out that way) be able to use all caps if I want to!!

Barbara quoted it and it came out right????:wacko:

Barbara quoted it and it came out right????:wacko:
Like I said it just randomly decides to change the case and it has been annoying me since I started posting here. It can really mess up a recipe if people just use a T or t instead of TBS or tsp!

1/2" Pork chops dusted with flour, dipped in egg and pressed into Panko.

Fried in my 8" CI skillet in 1/4" olive oil on medium 2 minutes a side.

Talk about crunchy! YUM

Like I said it just randomly decides to change the case and it has been annoying me since I started posting here. It can really mess up a recipe if people just use a T or t instead of TBS or tsp!

I have never noticed it before. I will have to remember that.

You can't ONLY type in all caps or it will automatically change all caps to lower case. So...as long as you can alternate lower and upper case in your post its all good.

Oh...and I ate so much all weekend long all I was willing to eat was a bowl of soup. I don't even want to contemplate the number of calories I ingested this weekend. My gut is still groaning!

So, the lamb met some caramelized onions and plain yogurt with a fried spice paste of red pepper, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, and coriander and separately fried ginger and garlic. The recipe called for finishing with the juice of a lemon and fresh cilantro. I did that and it wasn't bad, but stirring in 1 teaspoon of citric acid made it heavenly. Mango pickle, lime chutney, diced radish, and lime wedges (on hand, should have been a different sour) made the curry and rice sing!

Back
Top Bottom