What's for dinner? Wed 3-4-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm thinking grilled chicken thighs, asparagus, and jasmine rice....but it's still early here, so that's subject to change. :D

What's everyone's plans for eats tonight? :chef:

Ah, great minds thinking alike again, Cheryl. Had my thread ready to go, but you snuck yours in first.

Dinner is done except for the heating again. I made GG's Slow Cooker Pulled Pork yesterday. Will pull it apart and figure out how to doctor it when it's closer to supper. We'll have sides of coleslaw made the Chief's way (already done) and a can of beans. Might cook up a strip of bacon in the bean pot first.

We're about to head out to Costco, so you know dinner will revolve around one of their rotisserie chickens. I also want to stock up on their outstanding loin lamb chops and their terrific FF chicken wings. Off we go...

I defrosted a turkey breast half from my Thanksgiving backup turkey and will be roasting that and serving it along with some stuffing and sugar snap peas.

We have the monthly HOA meeting in a half hour and don't know if I can slip in dinner before hand. DH isn't home yet. Have thawed some sausage lentil soup and cornbread. When we get together with the neighbors, who knows what will happen after the meeting?

Reheated a good stew I made yesterday...beef (very tender and flaky), good stock, onions, leeks, lentils, potatoes, carrots, green beans. Very substantial.

I made Ol' Blues "Melt in your mouth" pork loin roast for dinner. I only used a half package of onion soup mix, and on top of the roast I coated it quite a lot with cracked black pepper, thyme and rosemary. Checked its temp when it was about half done and basted it once. While the roast rested, I made gravy, mashed potatoes, and steamed and buttered carrots.

Someone recent mentioned they had made this for dinner which jogged my memory. My recipe notes say I last made this in 2012, time to make this again. It is so easy and it is very moist.

Here's the recipe again. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/melt-in-your-mouth-pork-loin-39428.html

I'm thinking grilled chicken thighs, asparagus, and jasmine rice....but it's still early here, so that's subject to change. :D
:chef:

That dinner didn't pan out, but that's OK. My daughter and 4 yr. old grandson came over, and we all ended up playing pretend soccer on the back lawn. :LOL: They're gone now, so I'll just scrounge up something else.

Everyone's dinners sounds good. :yum:

Last edited:
Burrito's

img_1411889_0_b93dd9a282d278b2ea159c84cc9c1388.jpg

img_1411889_1_23ce3a1fd14156568e4d3098e539ad3e.jpg

img_1411889_2_01f99290c0cd79af879557f3e8d0c2ba.jpg

That dinner didn't pan out, but that's OK. My daughter and 4 yr. old grandson came over, and we all ended up playing pretend soccer on the back lawn. :LOL: They're gone now, so I'll just scrounge up something else.

Everyone's dinners sounds good. :yum:

Oh boy Cheryl !! That mom and grandmom hat trumps a :chef: every time!! ;)

That's the truth, Kay! :LOL: Wouldn't have it any other way. :heart:

Joey....your burritos look so good! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom