Originally Posted by hhaarrlleeyy
It's actually Oriental in nature, not necessarily Chinese. I like the bamboo idea in the take out containers.
Glad you liked my suggestions
Since it is not necessarily Chinese, here are some more ideas: (Btw, if there is something that appeals to you, you can use it as part of your permanent home decor and experiment with your own creativity.) These are merely decorating/party suggestions, that you can adapt as you wish to fit your theme.
For the outdoors you could line these up in rows on concrete with some pebbles or sand on the bottom, and sit a tea lite on top:
Or as part of an arranged table setting
or use the take out containers to send out party invites
Suspend little umbrellas/parasols
on an embroidery hoop (can be purchased at a fabric/craft store).
- if you have a Chinatown in your area - there used to be glass wind chimes that would look and sound festive outdoors or indoors - & are probably inexpensive.
- suspend from the ceiling, place on the table, in drinks or part of a centerpiece. A light behind them would set a nice mood.
- make them by hand with rice paper or whatever you have on hand to decorate the table, walls, etc.
Pebble Water Fountains
: Make your own, or check around for low cost.
- adds a nice aroma.
- Can be fan-folded with a decorative napkin and ring of choice.
- Check around Chinatown - place on the wall, etc.
Oriental Dinner Trays
- hang on the wall, or place tea pot and matching cups on the tray on the table.
I love Kimonos! I wear them often, and have been looking for a special one to hang on the wall as part of my decor. If it fits into your theme, go for it. You could also drape an Obi or two on the wall.
Also, check out Pier One.
I have some more ideas, but don't want to lose the post.