How do like your coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do like your coffee? After reading all the comments on this thread I am now stuck with an "ear worm" of an old song - "How do you like your eggs in the morning? - I like mine with a kiss". I didn't much like Dean Martin beforehand. I'm really going off him now.

Years ago I drank a good amount of coffee, including the swill they made at schools and the office. Much preferred my own at home, fresh, strong, and black. Then I quit coffee, now I may have a cup a week or less with cream and sugar. But I love the dark chocolate covered coffee beans we'd get at the Mexican airport. Took me awhile to figure out why I wasn't able to sleep at night after a handful or two of those...

Years ago I drank a good amount of coffee, including the swill they made at schools and the office. Much preferred my own at home, fresh, strong, and black. Then I quit coffee, now I may have a cup a week or less with cream and sugar. But I love the dark chocolate covered coffee beans we'd get at the Mexican airport. Took me awhile to figure out why I wasn't able to sleep at night after a handful or two of those...

Trader Joe’s have those. I think they cover everything in Chocolate. :angel:

Not to mention the most amazzzzzing

coffee ice cream ever!! (thanks for that tip long ago MsM)

Ohhhh how I love coffee ice cream!!

I like coffee ice cream, too, and I am not big on sweets. Häagen-Dazs makes a really good one.

CD

I’m really not much on coffee ice cream, but I did run across some surprisingly good stuff; it’s the upscale store brand at Smith’s (Kroger’s) “Private Selection.” It only comes in those single serve containers, what are they, pints? It’s very smooth, very creamy, and not overly sweet, with a slight bitter after-note that really tastes like coffee!

And it doesn’t have some fancy, shi-shi name. It’s just called “coffee.”

TJ's coffee ice cream has ruined me for any other brand.

I dont !!

Its one of those things I just dont get.
My wife loves it, and when she is drinking it, you can just see the enjoyment on her face.
So, once a year, while watching her enjoy it so much, I ask to taste it ( cause I feel like Im missing out on something). She'll yell at me , saying " Dont try it you're just going to complain that it taste like crap, its bitter , and how does anyone like it". Sure enough , every time I taste it, I utter those exact words.

Just dont get it.

The first and last time I drank coffee was in 1967, sitting in a trailer on picket duty in Montana at night with the temperature 30 below zero. I didn't like it under those conditions, and I've never touched it since. I don't like anything even with a hint of coffee flavor. We have a little 2 cup coffee maker that lives in our guest room. For years we had no coffee maker of any kind.

95% of the time, my drink of choice is water.

I love the smell of coffee, but I can't stand the taste. It's just too bitter for me. One of these days I'm going to go looking for a coffee scented candle.

I do like my coffee like in Italy. ;) Got used to it when I lived there, albeit 6 month only, (definitely not enough), nevertheless, coffee was great. When I came to America and met my future wife, we went out for coffee, I told her that it was brown water. It took me a while to recover after sticking my foot deep in my mouth, that was favorite coffee place. :LOL:

Coffee in Italy is one of the things, like the great barman who makes a Negroni before your very eyes, that is - and MUST be done with panache, great style, and incredible 'savoir faire'. It's all part of the service, and the end experience is always very satisfying, because the way he does it is quite simply captivating! I love it! It's one of the things that I love about Italy - they always present the coffee - be it cappuccino, espresso, or other styles - with a flourish. Making coffee with the Moka Espresso at home just isn't the same - it just doesn't have the same panache.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Coffee in Italy is one of the things, like the great barman who makes a Negroni before your very eyes, that is - and MUST be done with panache, great style, and incredible 'savoir faire'. It's all part of the service, and the end experience is always very satisfying, because the way he does it is quite simply captivating! I love it! It's one of the things that I love about Italy - they always present the coffee - be it cappuccino, espresso, or other styles - with a flourish. Making coffee with the Moka Espresso at home just isn't the same - it just doesn't have the same panache.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde
Really? We had afternoon cappuccinos and lattes every day in Rome, Florence and Pisa for over a week and I don't remember it that way.

For many years, my ex and I had a Gaggia Syncrony. She claimed it in the divorce. It was expensive, yes, but over the long haul it was far cheaper than making a trip to Starbucks every day. In that sense it probably paid for itself in less than a year's time. It had a cup warmer on the top, and ground the beans fresh for every cup.

These days I have a Mr. Coffee. It's just not quite the same.

gaggialogic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom