What is your favorite steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite steak?

• Strip (NY, KC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tenderloin (filet mignon)

• Skirt

• Flank

• Chuck

• Mock Tender

• Other

• Total voters
I'll take a 3" thick well marbled porterhouse, simply marinated in extra virgin olive oil, lemon, garlic, rosemary, and thyme, then seasoned with fleur de sal and fresh cracked pepper and grilled to medium rare.

the cut that I least care for are filet mignons. Absolutely no flavor. Good for carpaccio and tartare though.

yum, goodweed! my family would go nuts over all of that beef, lol! we all love our steaks and stir-fry and my Dad makes an excellent mushroom-beef soup!!! i was thinking of game hen for dinner, myself, but went with pasta sauce instead, (i was just TOO tired to go buy the game hen) then got a stomach upset and had to skip dinner altogether, but the sauce will just get even better overnight in the fridge so i'm not fretting over it too much. :D

I prefer the rib eye. Second, I like a NY Cut, but it has to be a prime piece of meat. The rib eye can be choice or better.

I'm not a big fan of the tenderloin. I don't think it has enough beefy flavor. It's a little used muscle, so it's lean and tender. Unfortunately, being lean and lacking exercise means it doesn't have as much flavor as a good rib eye or NY cut has. The best thing you can say about tenderloins is that they are tender.

Porterhouse steaks are ok, but like I said. I'm not a fan of the tenderloin.

Psiguyy said:
I prefer the rib eye. Second, I like a NY Cut, but it has to be a prime piece of meat. The rib eye can be choice or better.

I'm not a big fan of the tenderloin. I don't think it has enough beefy flavor. It's a little used muscle, so it's lean and tender. Unfortunately, being lean and lacking exercise means it doesn't have as much flavor as a good rib eye or NY cut has. The best thing you can say about tenderloins is that they are tender.

Porterhouse steaks are ok, but like I said. I'm not a fan of the tenderloin.

I am with you on that and Prime Beef Rocks. A steak should not require any sauce at all.

I voted "Other". I have to go with ironchef on this one. A really thick porterhouse, grilled to about medium over CHARCOAL, cut off the bone, and sliced into medallions. I'd just need two of them to feed my whole family. I'd even save the bones, as my oldest step-son just loves to gnaw on bones.

Baked potatoes with bacon bits, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper, some good bread (maybe Texas Toast) to soak up the juices, and a fresh veg of some kind, corn, broccoli, etc. And a beer for me :D

Considering the last actual steak I bought and ate was over 2 years ago, right about now any steak would be good!

I like porter-house with the tail, very rare. I don't eat red meat too often but when I do thats how I like it!

I do also enjoy the filet, but with cracked pepper and maybe a little butter and sherry sauce. Carpaccio too is Yumyum!

I posted to other. My two favorites are London Broil and Top Sirloin because I think they have the best flavor. Another would be rib eye.

I ditto Bang: T-bone, then ribeye. Although, who'm I kidding, the beef in my stores is so bad that I'd settle happily for any steak, as long as it had flavor and tenderness and decent fat.

Cats

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom