"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Old 02-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #11
Senior Cook
I love them pounded out then rolled up jelly roll style with some ham, provolone, and sage inside.

carolelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
Head Chef
Chicken mole.

auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
We love chicken and use it often..One way my family likes is to slice the chicken breasts into cutlets, pound them, dust with flour,salt and pepper, dip in beaten egg and then heat a skillet over med heat,melt some butter and evoo, when butter is melted add the cutlets a few at a time. Brwon, then put on a plate and contunue til all cutlets are golden. Just before cooking the chicken make a mix ofchicken broth, white wine finely chopped flat leaf/Italian parsley and some lemon juice..After removing chicken from pan, add broth mixture, raise the heat and scrape the bottom of the pan til the sauce thickens a little. Put cutlets back and warm them place on warm plate, adding a little of the sauce to each cutlet and serve with a kemon wedge and your starch, salad and veggie...
Another way my kids just love is similar, You use cutlets for this too. In a med bowl, beat several eggs with some parmesan cheese grated,some finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper add several tablespoons of a/p flour, make a paste out of it..Just add flour til it makes a smooth paste to coat the chicken. Then heat evoo in a skillet, dip cutlets into paste Put in hot pan til brown about 3-4 min. Turn, and brown other side. Drain on paper towels..cover and keep warm. Make a mixed greens salad, we like the baby lettuces, with some sliced red onions, halved grape tomatoes, diced avocados, and then toss with evoo,balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. We put a cutlet on each salad plate and top with the salad, add a nice slice of warm french bread and butter..wonderful for lunch or a lite supper.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #14
Hospitality Queen
This has 3 that I cook quite often: Does anyone do "Freezer Cooking"?
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:57 AM   #15
Assistant Cook
Here's an easy one...

Pound the breasts with a mallet. Then mix butter with some Oraginum and salt, smeer on the chicken breasts, and fry over medium heat till done. The butter needs to be smeered on both sides.

After that you can do anything. I like to eat them plain like that, otherwise, I make creamed spinach and feta, and top the chicken with that. Served with spicey rice and butternut squash.
kimashswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #16
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
You can enjoy chicken breasts in so many ways, you will find out with just a quick looking around for a recipe... possibilities are limitless!!
However some of my fave options I do most often with them are,

chicken skillet gyro
chicken and avocado salad
Something Indian, marinated in Tandoori style and grilled, tikka, various curry
chicken schnitzel

I like Cora's idea, gotta try that some time soon!! Also I agree with Yakuta, frozen chicken breast already diced or sliced into strips will save you a lot of the hassle of prep, if you store the vegetables the same way, things like various stir fries are a snap to whip up!!

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote