Fresh Tuna Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef

Fresh Tuna Salad
2 lb fresh tuna, steamed well done
1 (16 oz) jar sweet salad cubes, drained
1/2 c finely chopped onions
1/2 c finely chopped celery
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
½ cup chopped salad olives
1½ cups mayonnaise

Flake tuna and mix well with all ingredients. Store in refrigerator up to 7 days.

I still like tuna salad made with the tuna from a packet, but this is really special, party-worthy tuna salad. :)

OMG, SharonT, that just made my mouth go crazy!

As a sushi lover, I wonder how using the tuna raw would work for that. I'm going to have to try it, (using sushi quality tuna of course).

I've never made sushi, but I don't know why it wouldn't work... might not need that much mayo?

>>what are sweet salad cubes?
sweet pickles that are chopped a little larger... makes for a crunchier texture than sweet pickle relish. Mt. Olive brand. Should probably change the recipe to "coarsely chopped sweet pickles." Any combo of sweet and dill pickles and olives and capers...

thanks sharon and nikki. i love mt olive brand products. i'll look for tge chunky pickle bits.

the next time we don't finish them or i overcook a tuna steak, this'll be my go to thing.

ha! well, it IS tuna fish salad... This version is just a little more special than the kind with the tuna out of a can or packet. IMO

I know, I know. I just can't see my self cooking perfectly good piece of tune into a salad when I can eat it raw or grill like a stake. I love tuna salad don't tkae me wrong. ;)

Back
Top Bottom