ISO Nutella use ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Well, I finally got to try Nutella. We had friends over last night, and they brought Kim a jar. Wow, is it every good!
So, what do you do with it, besides eating it with a spoon or spreading it on bread?

Constance said:
So, what do you do with it, besides eating it with a spoon or spreading it on bread?

I put it right back on the shelf, after I read the ingredients. First item: SUGAR!

Constance, I`ve no idea, I`ve never gotten beyond either (esp the spoon bit).
a nice wholemeal bread, Nutella on one side and peanut butter on the other, what can I say :)

Food made in Heaven springs to mind tho :)

Connie,
we love to grill pineapple rings, then spread a layer of nutella on top, let it start to melt down and eat it as a dessert..It's wonderful this way.
kadesma;)

Try putting spoonsful of Nutella in the middle of muffins before baking, swirl slightly warmed Nutella thru' a plain cheesecake, use as a base for a cake frosting, spread in a croissant then top with chocolate glaze. Cant remember other things Ive done! :chef:

My German neighbor spreads the Nutella on rolled out crescent rolls, then rolls them up and bakes per directions on the container - after they are ready, she puts a light confectioner's sugar glaze over them. They are delicious.

I have some jars of Nutella and I enjoy spreading it on bread and even eating it out of the jar.

I am sure there are other uses for it but those are the two that i use.

Giada De Laurentis does a lot of things with Nutella - I've seen 3-4 this week I think ... and one of them was the grilled pineapple with nutella kadesma mentioned. Here is a link to the Nutella Recipes on the FoodTV website.

Mr HB loves it over ice cream and he'll even mix it with a little peanut butter. I'm a spoonful person myself. :LOL:

Might be good on a black forest cake with cherries. Would probably work out on a banana split. And a layer on a strawberry shortcake.

Buy two jars, one to use on this and that and another for the spoonaholic :punk:.

crepes with nutella is a very popular choice here in Italy.
For a seasonal useage, we doctored our pandoro with nutella and whipped cream for Christmas dinner dessert today.

I too love nutella crepes!
I also swirl iit into my brownie batter before baking and after it's cut into pieces I add some on top! :D

Has anyone tried making a peanut butter cookie recipe using Nutella instead? I think I might try that today.

Back
Top Bottom