Avocado Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Avocado Potatoes

4 baking potatoes
1 avocado
2 TBS sour cream
dash salt/pepper
4 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled

Rub cleaned potatoes with shortening or oil. Pierce skins with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake in 375 degree oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. Mash avocado with fork to chunky texture and mix in sour cream and seasonings. When potatoes are cooked through and crisp cut down center, spoon part of potato pulp with avocado mixture and return to shells.sprinkle bacon on top.

enjoy!

This sounds crazy, but at the same time, I could see where it would be really yummy. You got me wondering now!

dee, you always have the most amazing recipes. I am putting together my own little deelady cook book over here! KUDOS...this sounds wonderful!!!

lol thanks :)
and you will like these if you like avocados Sattie....add in what ever you like to kick it up....hot sauce,salsa, cheese, jalepenos!! ;)

I know for sure the wife would like it she likes avocado and guacamole. I am not a big fan of either, but hey I am up for trying everything at least once.
And if all else fails I can always add in jalepenos! LOL.

Hmm, let's see: sour cream, avocados, bacon. High fat, high calories, and ohhhhh sooooo delicious. Sometimes you just gotta say "what the heck" and go for it.

Back
Top Bottom