Best Buy rewards card

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
First let me say that this is not a Best Buy bashing thread. I signed up last year for the best buy reward card. You get coupons in the mail after X number of purchases which is good since we frequent that store now and then. So today I made a purchase, went to the check out and the cashier informs me that I am eligible for a "free" magazine subscription for eight weeks, and which magazine from her list would I like. I played along with her, and said "hmm I'm eligible for a free magazine, ok". I picked the magazine that I liked, and she said in 8 weeks I would receive a notice from the magazine that my subscription will run out and all I have to do is cancel it. Ok, I can do that (knowing full well that if I dont they will charge me), and then the big question from the cashier :LOL: "I just need your credit card". My reply to her was "sorry, I dont have one". Needless to say, I was no longer eligible for the "free" magazine subscription. Nothing is free people! There is always a catch!

I felt bad for the cashier who had to push these subscriptions actually.

Back
Top Bottom