Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oppps. :doh: It happens that I AM the 9000th post! :ermm:

Ahhhhh.... that screws things up! Ok..... ok ok..... the 9023 post wins!
Its a nice gift! And we (at the B&B staff) want to show our appreciation!

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
oppps. :doh: It happens that I AM the 9000th post! :ermm:

Ahhhhh.... that screws things up! Ok..... ok ok..... the 9023 post wins!
Its a nice gift! And we (at the B&B staff) want to show our appreciation!

OK I want to be Number 9023, can I have my Prize Now :LOL: ? Its My Birthday !
icon10.gif

Its Great to have you back Brother (Sushi) ! Remember what I told you, I Mean it :cool:

I'm not doling out prizes but I have been making lemon sponge gateau. So here, rather fortuitously, is a birthday cake Maidrite. No candles I'm afraid but it is pretty tasty. Happy birthday.

Ambrosian cake - that's a new one on me. Does it contain a secret ingredient that gives you eternal youth? If so, I could do with some of that too!

Omg you've never had ambrosian cake ?? It's a yellow cake with mandarin oranges in it. The frosting is made with vanilla jello and pineapples.

Nope never had that. Never heard of vanilla jello either - is that the secret ingredient? I'll do a search for a recipe. If I can't find one, could you post it? My dad loves anything with mandarin segments in and I bet he'd love this.

Edited: Have found the recipe for "Pig Pickin' Cake TNT". Not a promising name! Ambrosian cake sounds far more appealing. Unfortunately there are three ingredients that I think will be difficult to find here in Spain unless I can find some substitutes. Yellow cake mix? Is that just an ordinary Victoria-type sponge? Frozen whipped topping - is that cream? And instant vanilla pudding - is that like an instant mousse?

Last edited:
Oh what a wonderful place here. Everyone seems hooked on coffee. I hope i'm not too picky here but might I be able to get a french press of light city columbian grown coffee? Shade grown if we could.

Snoop that's what I meant was vanilla pudding mix. Brand name of it here is Jello. D'Oh ! Yes you can use a frozen whipped topping. Mix it with the pudding. Sponge cake I'm sure that'll work just fine too.

*walking in and dusting off coffee maker* ...... (cough)
HEY!!!!! We have about 100 tomatoes to harvest from the back AND someone planted pumpkins. :huh:
Plus..... its FREEZING in here. Who has a match to light the heaters?
22.gif

Hello Sushi. Here, I've got some matches. I have no idea how the heaters work. If you deal with them, I'll make some coffee. If you like, I'll help you picking the tomatoes.

If you need to go down into the cellar - I presume there's a cellar - here's a torch. Otherwise, here's a coffee to warm up first and a piece of Irish tea loaf I made earlier.

I'm dying to try the Irish Tea Loaf! Thank you. :) I'm starting to get a little fatigued what with all this cooking and cleaning and need a little pick me up.

I'll go help in the garden as soon as I have my cake and tea.

How is everyone this glorious Saturday afternoon?
*putting my feet up on the bench*

Enjoy the cake. Here's a cup of tea. I'll leave the pot on the table next to you with a jug of milk and some sugar. Help yourself. Have a nap in the sun if you want one. Sounds like you could do with it.

It'll be so nice to relax in the hot tub tomorrow after everyone working so hard today.

Can I get anyone a beverage or cocktail? :) I've made some hummus, dolmades and spanokapita. Hmmm, perhaps we should drink some Retsina.

Here's some Retsina. Long time since I've drunk that. While rummaging around in the wine fridge, I also came across this. It's Spanish, not Greek, but very good. Gewurtztraminer from Enate in the Somontano Valley. If it's like the last bottle I had (not on my own, I hasten to add), it should go very well with your Greek dishes. I'll open both if that's OK with you.

Middie, what were the tomatoes like? I fancy a tomato and black olive salad with some feta on top.

Back
Top Bottom