Do You Wash Your Clothes With Hot/Warm Or Cold Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My washing machine chooses the water temperature depending on what I select as the type of clothes I am washing. Most settings are warm/cold, sanitary is extra hot/cold, and delicate is cold/cold.

Our new washing machine is working wonderfully, so happy with it :)

We wash on 20 degrees, so not warm but not cold, although very close to cold...seems to be doing well on that temperature :)

Most of my washing is done with cold water. But, that said, my husband is a grease-ball. Love him dearly, but even in his late 60s, he still has oily hair and skin. So it is hot water when I do sheets and his, as the Brits sometimes say it, his smalls.

Most of my washing is done with cold water. But, that said, my husband is a grease-ball. Love him dearly, but even in his late 60s, he still has oily hair and skin. So it is hot water when I do sheets and his, as the Brits sometimes say it, his smalls.
The DH is a dirt and grease magnet--he has "shop/farm/grease monkey clothes" and "uniforms" (those clothes he only wears when he goes to see clients, to the doctor or dentist, or on business trips). He buys replacement shop clothes at thrift store. I was about to take him to the airport last week. He had a "white" shirt on. I said "you're not wearing that, are you?" "Why not? It's clean." "It might be clean, but it is all stained." "Really?" I can't decide if he has Aspergers or is just obtuse...thank goodness he does his own laundry in his own washer. He still got frisked and strip searched at the airport...gotta keep a close watch on those brainy Ph.D.s who look like rednecks. And, he wasn't even wearing his boots that always have chicken poo on the soles (I have trained him to keep a pair of work boots as part of his uniform and not to wear them out to visit the hens).

Last edited:
Hot for whites, and cold for dark. Other than sheets & towels, I find myself soaking/washing by hand or taking to the cleaners. Has anyone tried the washer sheets? They seem to preserve your clothes.

Hot for whites, and cold for dark. Other than sheets & towels, I find myself soaking/washing by hand or taking to the cleaners. Has anyone tried the washer sheets? They seem to preserve your clothes.

What's a washer sheet?

What's a washer sheet?

Maybe they're called laundry sheets. I saw it on one of the shopping channels. Instead of adding detergent, you throw a sheet into the machine. I pretty much use the dryer for sheets, towels, & heavy stuff. The rest is hung dry to preserve the clothes.

Back
Top Bottom