Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided to revisit the Prey series by John Sandford and ordered the last 3 books in the series that are available in paperback from Amazon. I started reading them a long time ago, then stopped for some unknown reason, probably because my local bookstore quit carrying them. Now I need to find a synopsis of each book in the series to ascertain where I left off.

I would also like to start reading the reintroduced Blaine McCracken series by Jon Land. So many books, so little time.

Last edited:
I'm reading the Jonathon's Bass Cut to the Bone: A Body Farm Novel

"Jefferson Bass’s Cut to the Bone, the long-awaited prequel to his New York Times bestselling mystery series, turns the clock back to reveal the Body Farm's creation—and Dr. Bill Brockton's deadly duel with a serial killer."

Anything that has a high body count, a serial killer and insects chomping on corpses is all right in MY book!
Not a great book but it fulfills my needs. (Evil laugh inserted here):evil:

(Only 1.99 on my Kindle)
Do you read Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta novels? I can't remember any titles but I read a few before getting bored.

I decided to revisit the Prey series by John Sandford and ordered the last 3 books in the series that are available in paperback from Amazon. I started reading them a long time ago, then stopped for some unknown reason, probably because my local bookstore quit carrying them. Now I need to find a synopsis of each book in the series to ascertain where I left off.

I would also like to start reading the reintroduced Blaine McCracken series by Jon Land. So many books, so little time.

In case you didn't know (of course you did!) Amazon has a synopsis of all his books.

Do you read Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta novels? I can't remember any titles but I read a few before getting bored.

I've read most of her books and loved them because they satisfied my "needs"---- mystery, anthropology, forensics, some gore, and an intelligent woman as protagonist! ;)

Her earlier ones were the best and I stopped reading when they got too repetitive.

I've read most of her books and loved them because they satisfied my "needs"---- mystery, anthropology, forensics, some gore, and an intelligent woman as protagonist! ;)

Her earlier ones were the best and I stopped reading when they got too repetitive.
That's exactly why I liked them and what I meant when I said I got bored with them. I started to spot the villain before the heroine did!

I'm reading the Jonathon's Bass Cut to the Bone: A Body Farm Novel

"Jefferson Bass’s Cut to the Bone, the long-awaited prequel to his New York Times bestselling mystery series, turns the clock back to reveal the Body Farm's creation—and Dr. Bill Brockton's deadly duel with a serial killer."

Anything that has a high body count, a serial killer and insects chomping on corpses is all right in MY book!
Not a great book but it fulfills my needs. (Evil laugh inserted here):evil:

(Only 1.99 on my Kindle)

i'm a bass reader too, thanks to pf! you say you like the grisly and grotesque? well, cave, and mad cook, (and evrbody, of course) have i ever got a tv series for YOU!:) it is called 'spiral' (or 'engrenages' in french.) it is a long running french tv series, since 2005. netflix's description calls it a 'gritty crime drama set in the dark underbelly of paris...following police officers and lawyers investigating and prosecuting crimes.' i KNOW, right? i just started viewing this series, and if you don't know french, there are the subtitles to contend with, but man. 'spiral' will keep you awake nights....

Last edited:
....but man. 'spiral' will keep you awake nights....
Which explains why we meet tonight, vit!

I returned my Diane Mott Davidson book...and made the mistake of looking on the "New Books" shelves. Oops. Came home with Joanne Fluke's latest, "Blackberry Pie Murder". Not gonna start it until a get a room or two cleaned, because I get nothing done once I start a book. :LOL:

i'm a bass reader too, thanks to pf! you say you like the grisly and grotesque? well, cave, and mad cook, (and evrbody, of course) have i ever got a tv series for YOU!:) it is called 'spiral' (or 'engrenages' in french.) it is a long running french tv series, since 2005. netflix's description calls it a 'gritty crime drama set in the dark underbelly of paris...following police officers and lawyers investigating and prosecuting crimes.' i KNOW, right? i just started viewing this series, and if you don't know french, there are the subtitles to contend with, but man. 'spiral' will keep you awake nights....

Subtitles are a plus for me! My Netflix just shows a movie (2007) with the name of Spiral. Is that the same? (I sorta doubt it)

Then I went to my library which has a huge collection of movies and TV programs and most have sub-titles/closed captioning.

Found Spiral there---- but just Season One, with four discs and English subtitles. I've reserved it (there will be a long wait) and am looking forward to watching it and thanks for recommending it.

Just finished "Wild"From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, by Cheryl Strayed. Downloaded from Amazon to the Kindle Ap on my iPhone. Read it while we were away for a few days. Highly recommend. It's about a young woman "finding herself"while hiking the PCT.

Subtitles are a plus for me! My Netflix just shows a movie (2007) with the name of Spiral. Is that the same? (I sorta doubt it)

Then I went to my library which has a huge collection of movies and TV programs and most have sub-titles/closed captioning.

Found Spiral there---- but just Season One, with four discs and English subtitles. I've reserved it (there will be a long wait) and am looking forward to watching it and thanks for recommending it.

huh, that's a shame, cave. our netflix here offers four seasons of 'spiral' streaming. i wonder if netflix's menu varies from region to region. let me know how you like the show once you get it from the library?

huh, that's a shame, cave. our netflix here offers four seasons of 'spiral' streaming. i wonder if netflix's menu varies from region to region. let me know how you like the show once you get it from the library?

Oops---- you said streaming. I don't do streaming yet but I'll probably have to sign up soon since that's the way things are going. So that may be the difference

Why I haven't gotten in the flow of streaming (yet) is I've read that streaming AND closed captioning have some problems or may just not be on all of the Netflix streams. I haven't checked recently but I'm sure the ADA (American Disability Act) is on their tail!

But at least I'll get the first season.

Just went to the library today and got the latest Peter Robinson mystery with Inspector Alan Banks. It called Children Of The Revolution.

"On Hallowed Ground" The Story of Arlington National Cemetry, by Robert M. Poole came in the mail from Amazon yesterday. The print is so tiny!!! But, I will be getting into it when I finish "The Finisher" by Baldacci.

I have just started reading Faith by Lesley Pearce.
So far so good!

I have just finished reading her other book A Lesser Evil and it was fantastic..so pretty excited about this book!

"On Hallowed Ground" The Story of Arlington National Cemetry, by Robert M. Poole came in the mail from Amazon yesterday. The print is so tiny!!! But, I will be getting into it when I finish "The Finisher" by Baldacci.

Glad I had the Kindle version so I could make the print bigger! I really enjoyed the book.

I gobbled up A Week In Winter in two days. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Maeve Binchey. Her books make me want to make soup and bake things my doctor would disapprove of. To heck with her (the doctor, not Ms. Binchey).

I downloaded Whitethorn Woods. I'm not ready to leave the British Isles yet.

Finished up Joanne Fluke's latest "Blackberry Pie Murder" in the wee hours of Monday. THIS little poster kinda sums up some of my book reading episodes:

fu446x.jpg
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom