Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH found 2 black garbage bags of books on the curb for the trash man and brought them home. Half of them were ones I had already read but I kept about a dozen. I'm reading one of them now "Looking for Alaska" by Peter Jenkins. He wrote the book "Walking Across America" about his travels as a young man looking to find himself. This one is about his adventures in Alaska living there with his wife and kids. It's been enjoyable. Makes me want to go there!

I'll be reading an Amish Cookbook, as soon as it arrives in the mail. YUM.

Oh, but in the meantime, Isabel's Bed by Eleanor Lipman.

Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) by Gail Carriger

On the spine it is listed as horror/fantasy more accurately it is a steam-punk historical urban fantasy mystery romance.;)

Last edited:
The other day I read an excerpt from Dean Koontz's new book, a big little life; Memoir of a Joyful Dog. Yesterday, being payday, I went in search of it. I started reading it last night at about 7 pm and just finished it at 10:30 am. Wonderful book and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves Dean Koontz's books, dogs and/or memoirs. Very funny in parts and quite uplifting. A very nice read.

Last edited:
I am reading the Cedar Cove series from Debbi Macomber. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all her books!!!!!:)

I'm currently reading The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway and Twelve Mile Limit by Randy Wayne White. I just finished The Orchard Keeper by Cormac McCarthy and The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs. I've gotten hooked on McCarthy lately and am in love with his clean, sparse style of writing. It's been likened to Hemingway before, but I find McCarthy's much more readable.

Just finished 'In a Dry Season ' by Peter Robinson, and 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larrson, while sitting in the sun on holiday. Both were good books, although Larrson's book has some fairly unpleasant adult themes, all justified by the contex of the story, so be warned if you are of a sensative nature. I will be searching out other books in both series, as I enjoyed them both immensly. However, I am re-reading Hayeck's 'The Road to Serfdom' at the moment.

I am reading the new cookbook by Clara Cannucciari from YouTube. She is the lady who is 94 years old and does the recipes from when she was growing up during the depression. I love reading all of her recipes and her stories.

I am reading the new cookbook by Clara Cannucciari from YouTube. She is the lady who is 94 years old and does the recipes from when she was growing up during the depression. I love reading all of her recipes and her stories.

Forgot to say the name of the cookbook, it's Clara's Kitchen.

Hell to Pay by Simon R. Green and then on to the next one. I also picked up Plague Ship by Clive Cussler for a quick read at work, since I forgot to take a book for my lunchtime.

I've been mostly reading "lite" books lately. My favorites when my spirits are low or when I'm travelling (both of which describe my last month) are murder mysteries of the goofy genre. But when visiting a friend in Atlanta, I found a book on his shelf and was taking down the information on it, because I thought it would be one my blind friend would like. The biography of Edith Piaf. I brought it to her house yesterday and she was absolutely thrilled with it.

By the way, someone here found me a source to find a book I've been looking for for many years. I have it on order at the library (Amazon only has one copy at $155). Hopefully I will find and re-read this book.

I am working on New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series as most of you may know. The series is insanely popular as you may have already heard and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. The books are very well written and I like them and all but I'm not able to set aside much time for reading. Very different from my teenage years I would read book after book after book. I would order stacks of books from the library so by the time I was done with what I had I would have fresh ones waiting!

Tonight, I finished Lunatic by Ted Dekker which is the 5th of 6 of the Lost Books. This 5th book was co-authored by another with Dekker; I could tell the diff and I prefer strictly Dekker authoring, but new authors have to get their start somewhere, so i am willing to deal with it again in the 6th book, which is also co-authored by the same. It is actually in the Juvie fiction genre, but I am such a Ted Dekker fan that I even read the juvinile level...Lost Books. :cool:
I took a break to check in on DC, but am about to start the final and 6th book of the Lost Books.
Dekker has new novels out too. One of which is per say an extension of a triliogy, Black...Red...White. the new one to it is Green.
God has given Dekker a gifted and brilliant imagination. I love that God has worked through Dekker as he has and appreciate that Dekker has offered himself to be a vessel of God's great love. you can check out his books at teddekker.com

Watership Down.
One of my favorites!

I am reading "On Butterfly Faith," by Katrina Wampler. It actually isn't published yet, but a few of us are reading it and reviewing it for her before it is published. It will be either her 2nd or 3rd published book. I have only read chapter one so far, but I already enjoy it very much.

:)Barbara

I am finally reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult... I have been meaning to read it for a whole now, and it is awesome

Back
Top Bottom