Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I left my book at work! AAAAAAAAAAAAA! Its a Lee Child...can't remember the title...Without End or something I think. Off to the library with me!

I just started C.S. Lewis space trilogy. I'm half way through Out of the Silent Planet. It's interesting. Knowing his Christianity usually makes an appearance in his fiction, it's fascinating to see how he approaches space travel.

Speaking of series, have any of you read Stiegh Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo? It's the first of three books. They are gripping and I can't wait for the third one. The second book is complete in itself with the same characters. His writing is full of surprises and twists and turns of plot. Very imaginative. The second book is The Girl Who Played With Fire. I strongly recommend reading these in order. The best part, well, one of them, is that the books are THICK! Over 700 pages, not one of them boring. My favorite combination of good, exciting reading in a big thick book.:):):)

I couldn't wait for the third book to come out in paper...I was standing outside the bookstore, with my face pressed to the window, the day the hardcover was released. I think I made the employees nervous, but they did let me in...finally. It's okay, they are used to me:LOL:

It is fantastic! I promote the series as much as I can.

I left my book at work! AAAAAAAAAAAAA! Its a Lee Child...can't remember the title...Without End or something I think. Off to the library with me!

I hate it when I leave my book at work! I went back one day and the day nurse laughed and said they had been taking bets how long it would take me to come pick it up...20 minutes, she collected.:LOL:

I just started C.S. Lewis space trilogy. I'm half way through Out of the Silent Planet. It's interesting. Knowing his Christianity usually makes an appearance in his fiction, it's fascinating to see how he approaches space travel.

Those were a good read...I've read them a few times over the years.

just got a hugh box of books i ordered from amazon. start the one about women serial killers. i am very interested in non fiction books about crime and it's motives.

I like those type of non-fiction too, Babe!

I found the book I lost the other day...I knew I didn't leave it in the laundromat, but it seemed to have disappeared. It was in the bottom of a grocery bag...:LOL:

Just picked up the new Jim Butcher, "Side Jobs," it's a collection of all his short stories from the Dresden Files. From where I'm sitting there are six stacks of books laying around I haven't read...have to make a decision soon.:mellow:

I got into Larsson's "tattoo", but couldn't get into "kicked the hornet's nest" (I'm not sure I have them correct); too much cold war espionage for me these days (something I was into many moons ago). I think I'll try it again when I'm in a different mood.

I'm just finishing "Skippy Dies" by Paul Murray. Didn't really like it, but got so far along in it that I want to see how it ends.

I liked Koontz's "Frankenstein" more than I thought I would. Maybe next year, this time, I'll go back and read the first books in the series. I like his "Odd" series better, though.

I've been reading collections of "true" ghost stories aloud to my ladies (in honor of Halloween!), and they've been loving it. When I get back from my trip, though, I'm going to read them 'Tis' by Frank McCourt. They say they've already seen the movie of his first bio, so this is one they'll enjoy, especially since one is a lover of all things Irish.

Picked up the latest Iris Johansen at the library. It will have to hold me til I get that Lee Child back from my cabinet at work. *grumble*

I will be starting a self imposed research project soon...on the Roman Invasion of Britian, just waiting for a key piece of material to show up.

You don't want to know about my other research...it's for nursing, and deals with bodily fluids.

Funny, as much as I like fiction murder mysteries, I'm not much into true crime books. I guess ... to scary! Give me nightmares. I do read them, though, when they touch on or are in places I live or have lived.

I'm slogging through the last chapters of Skippy Dies. Won't look for that author any time soon. I hate to say it, but young male writers have a sense of humor that really evades me. The various reviews/blurbs on this novel said it was funny. I must be getting old, because I found very little humor in it.

I went to the library's used book sale shelf and bought a stack for an upcoming road trip. My poor husband jokes (in all sincerity) that my reading/writing matter bag weighs more than all of our other luggage combined when we take a trip. Heck, what else do you do when miles and miles of boredom are ahead of you?

I went to the library's used book sale shelf and bought a stack for an upcoming road trip. My poor husband jokes (in all sincerity) that my reading/writing matter bag weighs more than all of our other luggage combined when we take a trip. Heck, what else do you do when miles and miles of boredom are ahead of you?

Time to look into getting an e-reader ;)

Back
Top Bottom