Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Black Order, by James Rollins. New author for Shrek and I, he's read the 2 we got and enjoyed them very much. Too early for me to tell, yet, but so far so good!

Somehow we ended up with two copies of his Devil's Colony. I wonder how that happened...

Decided to take a break from fiction. Just started "Before the Dawn: Recovering the Lost History of Our Ancestors" by Nicholas Wade. In it, the author discusses the evolution of man, based on recent findings brought to light through the Human Genome Project.

I just finished "Jewel of Medina". I thought it was pretty good, with some interesting insights into the history of the Islamic world (keeping in mind, of course, that it is a novel).

Los Olivos de Belchite = The Olive Groves of Belchite

:) Good Morning,

About to start:

This is a historical novel which takes place during Spain´s Civil War 1936 - 1939.

It focuses on life and relationships of this period under the former dictator Franco.

It comes in English too: www.amazon.com

The author is: Elena Moya

Have nice wkend,
Margi. ;)

i am reading bomber, possibly the best ant-war novel i've come across (including catch 22) len deighton is the author. what a strange little curve my reading has taken me lately--i'm also reading manhunt, by peter bergen, a book about our ten year search for osama bin laden. after this i'm going to have to lighten up with some summer reading--beach novels, that sort of thing....

May In Madrid, Spain´s Interntl. Book Month Fairs

:) Good Afternoon,

May is international book month in many countries in The E.U. including Spain ... All the book shops offer huge discounts and there are open air kiosks and stalls throughout all the main arteries of the city.

Terribly addicted ... I had gone on Friday morning and purchased:

1. 100 Years of Fashion 1900 - 2000 ( C. Blackmann )

2. Florencia Arte y Arquitectura in Spanish

3. Chocolatier Oriol Balaguerñs La Cocina De Los Postres ( Oriol is a fine chocolate baker and retailer who studied under Ferrán Adriá )

When I return from Italia on the 19th, I shall cover the kiosks and stalls, I had not yet gone to.

Have nice wkend.
Margi Cintrano.

I just finished a historical novel called "The Last Van Gogh" and enjoyed it very much.
I'm about to start another historical novel called "Claude & Camille" about Claude Monet.

We will be in France next month and I want to get in the mood. ;)

now that got my attention, kayelle! i just ordered up a sample of the van gogh book to my nook reader. thanks. now if you happen to come across an historical novel about paul cezanne that you like, please let me know. love his sensual, chunky art....

I'm reading several at the moment. First is The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Conan Arthur Doyle. I'm also reading Conservatize Me by John Moe. He's a liberal who went in search of the conservative mindset. While the writing is humorous, some of the things he did to try to understand the conservative thought process were stereotyped. No wonder he had a hard time figuring it out! I also just started Night Sins by Tami Hoag. Still in the first chapter though.

now that got my attention, kayelle! i just ordered up a sample of the van gogh book to my nook reader. thanks. now if you happen to come across an historical novel about paul cezanne that you like, please let me know. love his sensual, chunky art....

Check out "Cezanne's Quarry" Vit. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list.

I finished Hunger Games trilogy and I rate the three volume series as "good." Note that I am a very harsh grader. My only higher rating is "excellent."

I'm currently on Game of Thrones volume 2, A Clash of Kings. Actually I'm on about page 5 or 6, and finding the prologue very hard to get into. I rated the initial volume "good" too.

I've been trying to start Pirates of Savannah by Tarrin P. Lupo. A little history, a little fiction. I think it will be a good read if I can make the jump and get started.

I just read 4 books by Elle Casey. They started with Changeling (which was free) and I laughed so hard at that one I bought the other 3 for my Kindle. They were YA books and I thought they were quite an entertaining read. The descriptor starts with, "A potty-mouthed teenager..." and oh she is such a potty mouth! But oh so funny!

I am almost done with A Clash of Kings and I am also reading Take Your Eyes Off the Ball: How to Watch Football by Knowing Where to Look. (This is in its DTB form)

We had just ordered "The Sugar Blockers Diet" by Rob Thompson, MD, and it came today. I have read the first chapter and am on the second, and it is fascinating! This is not the Sugar Buster thing that was popular a few years ago. This doctor is a cardiologist, and he suddenly found himself diagnosed with diabetes, so he decided to study it and this book is the result. I don't know if it will be worth the read or not, but so far he is making a lot of sense. :cool:

I waited too late to keep my book supply going, so I'm waiting for some more Jack Reacher novels, and I bought a Karin Slaughter (Fallen) to keep me entertained until then.

I'm thinking about ordering the whole Incarnations of Immortality series to re-read - has anyone else enjoyed them?

Alix, you enjoy fantasy. Have you read these books?

I finished my first Jack Rollins book and headed to the used bookstore for the rest. I think I got 8 of them.

Back
Top Bottom