Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started re-reading some of the Martha Grimes mysteries (Richard Jury and Melrose Plant). Right now it's her first The Man with a Load of Mischief . Her piquant sense of humor appeals to me. While quite a step above Cosies she still has some of that in her books---- IOW very little bloodshed but with good and funny characterization about 'odd' characters in an English town.

I'm re-reading because I just came off reading a bunch of mysteries that 'seemed' to be good (according to the blurbs) but were just barely readable.
I needed a fix for some good writing.

Just finished "Wild"From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, by Cheryl Strayed. Downloaded from Amazon to the Kindle Ap on my iPhone. Read it while we were away for a few days. Highly recommend. It's about a young woman "finding herself"while hiking the PCT.

Thanks to you Bunny, I just ordered this for my Nook. After reading about it, I know I'll like it too. The only down side of it is that it's recommended by Oprah and wish I didn't know that. Never fear, your recommendation trumps Oprah.;)

Just finished Death on Eat Street. Decent little cozy, though I figured out who the murderer was within the first 30 pages or so.

51pecihXgdL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just finished "Wild"From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, by Cheryl Strayed. Downloaded from Amazon to the Kindle Ap on my iPhone. Read it while we were away for a few days. Highly recommend. It's about a young woman "finding herself"while hiking the PCT.

Read this a couple of months ago. I've probably read 20-30 different trail journals over the years. Appalachian Trail, PCT and Continental Divide Trail journals primarily. This was not one of my favorites. I got tired of her self-loathing at times, but it was a decent read.

Phinz, I would be interested in reading some of those trail journals, I find these people' experiences fascinating. Do you have some titles? I've been reading some of the blogs from the PCT website, I so recall one other book I read about a geek on the Appalachian Trail, but I don't recall the name.

Hope you are enjoying "Wild" Kayelle, btw they are making a movie.

I found a author I really like, Vickie Delaney and her Constable Molly Smith mysteries. Takes place in a small town in Canada. Apparently she's very prolific. I love when I find an author that already has a large body of work that I can look forward to enjoying.

Just taken delivery of "The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon" - the latest in the Ladies' Detective Agency series. Lightweight but entertaining. Not in the mood for anything too demanding at the moment,

I'm about halfway through Tatiania by Martin Cruz Smith, the same author that wrote Gorky Park and other great books----- and enjoying it very much.

A Dog Walks into a Nursing Home, by Sue Halpern. Just started, no idea how I feel about it, yet.

:LOL: Sounds like familiar territory for you, PF!

Just finished George Takei's "Lions and Tigers and Bears". A quick, light read. Now I'm looking through my Kindle for the next book.

Last edited:
I'm actually in the middle of Divergent. A couple of people I know suggested that I read it. I have to say so far it's pretty disappointing.

Currently reading #4 in the Guild Hunter series "Archangel's Blade." The series is a bit of a bodice ripper romance but the other parts of the plot carry me enough to keep me interested. The romance between Dmitri (Raphael's head vampire) and Honor (a vampire abused woman) interestingly parallels the romance between Raphael (head archangel in US) and Elena, one of the top Guild Hunters (who hunt down vampires who aren't following the rules). Well it's complex.
smile.gif

Nalini Singh has invented an interesting urban fantasy world in this series. I have a few other urban fantasy series to switch to for a while but I'll be back for more Guild Hunter soon.

Just finished Tess Gerritsen's "The Surgeon", and now I'm hooked. On to "The Silent Girl".

Indeed! I'll have to order some more for Kindle. I can't put them down.

Back
Top Bottom