Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm about halfway through Tatiania by Martin Cruz Smith, the same author that wrote Gorky Park and other great books----- and enjoying it very much.

I'm revising my opinion of Tatiania. It started to wander a bit, at least in my opinion, and didn't turn out as good as Gorky Park after all.

Maybe others will like it better.

I'm reading DC, and the critiques on an online writer's site. Mostly, I'm working very hard to get one of my novels good enough to be published. It's a lot of work. Sometimes, at the end of the evening, just before bed, I feel like this - :wacko:

But it will get done. It will be a great story. I'm willing to put in the required amount of work.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I hadn't realized Martin Cruz Smith was writing more books. Last one I read was Stalin's Ghost in 2008. Okay but not great. I'll check him out for new novels.

'Mrs. Pollifax and the China Station,' by Dorothy Gilman (1983). It's one of a series following Mrs. P to various locations in the world - she, in the guise of a tourist is working for the CIA. This one takes her to the NW territory of China, along the ancient Silk Road including Urumchi-- recently in the world news. Lots of interesting details on the places and people. She and her tour group have just arrived at the site where the life-sized terra cotta warriors were unearthed.

Last edited:
On Hallowed Ground - The Story Of Arlington Cemetery, by Robert M. Poole and The Death Relic, by Chris Kuzneski, it's a quest novel looking for a relic in Aztec and Mayan ruins.

I hadn't realized Martin Cruz Smith was writing more books. Last one I read was Stalin's Ghost in 2008. Okay but not great. I'll check him out for new novels.

As I updated, I took Tatiania down from possibly very good (based mainly on the fact that I loved his Renko book, Gorky Park) to one where I decided it wasn't his best book.

But I can't say if you or anyone else will like it or not so...........

'Mrs. Pollifax and the China Station,' by Dorothy Gilman (1983). It's one of a series following Mrs. P to various locations in the world - she, in the guise of a tourist is working for the CIA. This one takes her to the NW territory of China, along the ancient Silk Road including Urumchi-- recently in the world news. Lots of interesting details on the places and people. She and her tour group have just arrived at the site where the life-sized terra cotta warriors were unearthed.

Thanks for the tip Lizzie. Since we travel so much she sounds like an author I'll really like. I just ordered the first book in her series on my Nook. So many books...so little time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom