Learning something new.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I'm caught. But just so's everyone knows, I wasn't purposely telling tall tails. I am not the same man I was back in my early 20's. P.A.G. was born when I was 23 years old. I'm a shade older than that now. I'll freely admit that when I was a teenager, I used Apian Way, and Chef Boy-R-Dee pizza kits, and loved them. I tasted one a few years back, just to take a walk down memory lane, and found that those kits I loved when I was still brain damaged taste lousy to me now. The same is true of hamburger helper. And I never thought of chicken soup base as a pre-made spice/herb mix. But as I think about it now, yep, it is. And the other points my "daughter who loves to point out my every flaw" states are valid as well.

In my defense, if at all possible, I try to make everything from scratch, and have for the past 20 years or so. Need to learn to make pepperoni and crackers though. I have made my own corn flakes. So much to learn, so few years to learn it in. And the chili con-carne bricks, were used because your mother insisted I use them. I knew how to make good chili before I met her. But her mother used the con-carne bricks and so that was the only "good" chili, according to you Mom. My hands were tied. But you know what; they don't make white chili con-carne bricks, and I have a trophy in my home for that.

Oh, and P.A.G., :-p to you. Next time we have a family gathering, with bone-in rib eyes, cooked perfectly on the grill, you get dirty-sock-soup!:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Ok, I'm caught. But just so's everyone knows, I wasn't purposely telling tall tails. I am not the same man I was back in my early 20's. P.A.G. was born when I was 23 years old. I'm a shade older than that now. I'll freely admit that when I was a teenager, I used Apian Way, and Chef Boy-R-Dee pizza kits, and loved them. I tasted one a few years back, just to take a walk down memory lane, and found that those kits I loved when I was still brain damaged taste lousy to me now. The same is true of hamburger helper. And I never thought of chicken soup base as a pre-made spice/herb mix. But as I think about it now, yep, it is. And the other points my "daughter who loves to point out my every flaw" states are valid as well.

In my defense, if at all possible, I try to make everything from scratch, and have for the past 20 years or so. Need to learn to make pepperoni and crackers though. I have made my own corn flakes. So much to learn, so few years to learn it in. And the chili con-carne bricks, were used because your mother insisted I use them. I knew how to make good chili before I met her. But her mother used the con-carne bricks and so that was the only "good" chili, according to you Mom. My hands were tied. But you know what; they don't make white chili con-carne bricks, and I have a trophy in my home for that.

Oh, and P.A.G., :-p to you. Next time we have a family gathering, with bone-in rib eyes, cooked perfectly on the grill, you get dirty-sock-soup!:LOL:

Muahahahahaha! Hoist by her own petard!

I'm 32, just in case anyone was wondering how old I am or something. :angel:

Papa, you wound me. I don't point out every flaw, just the ones that are funny. Besides, as you get older you require more mental exercise to keep your brain properly functioning. I'm just contributing to that and helping to keep you mentally spry because I'm just such a good and loving daughter. :angel:

As for the rib steaks, I'll bring over some homemade salsa, guacamole, homemade raspberry vinaigrette and chocolate with hazelnuts as a peace offering. And then I'll give you hugs and puppy dog eyes.

Muahahahahaha! Hoist by her own petard!

I had to look up what this phrase meant. Remind me if I ever need to raid your house for any reason to bring only non-explosive siege engines and plenty of minions. Of course, with the engineers that I know and would have helping with such a siege, no gunpowder or other explosives is probably a given, but it doesn't hurt to have the extra incentive. :LOL:

Honestly, even before dad started making everything from scratch he was a pretty good cook. As a kid I learned pretty quickly that if friends invited me to dinner I should reply with "I have a lot of homework, maybe you could come to my house for dinner instead?" Not that I actually did the homework, but, you know, it was a good excuse. Also, I think a lot of the premixes were used out of necessity. Money was tight and there were four of us kids. It was a lot cheaper to make a box of doctored hamburger helper and serve some canned green beans with it than it would have been to make stuff from scratch. I think it was also a time saver. If dad had spent as much time then making dinner as he does now we'd never have gotten to see him, especially during the time period when he was in school and working two part time jobs to try to provide for us. Mom cooked some, but dad did most of it. I'm still not sure how he managed to find time for us and not flunk all of his classes. Plus, dad never made us liver covered in tomato sauce and cheese. :sick: That was mom's atrocity.

I had to look up what this phrase meant. Remind me if I ever need to raid your house for any reason to bring only non-explosive siege engines and plenty of minions. Of course, with the engineers that I know and would have helping with such a siege, no gunpowder or other explosives is probably a given, but it doesn't hurt to have the extra incentive. :LOL:

Never trust an Old English Geek who reads the dictionary.:rolleyes:

september 30th is a great day in history, you know.

some the the greatest people of all time were born on that day. :cool:

I love most Woolworths ready meals, they put a drug in them I'm sure! They all taste good.
Is this a what's your age thread or is it still about ready made food items? Lol!
I'm 16 and if you believe that it's your own fault :P My age is on my profile so no need for me to answer this.

september 30th is a great day in history, you know.

some the the greatest people of all time were born on that day. :cool:

Some of the best, indeed.;) History shows that people born on September 30 are naturally gifted in many areas, including the ability to speak and write succinctly, and accurately. The list of talents includes engineering skills, mastery over the spoken and written word, lovers and makers of the best foods, creativity, honesty, never-ever spin tall tails, absolutely trustworthy, exceptionally handsome, smell good, loved by women and children, and the dog, amazing tact, humility, courage, natural leaders, etc. Did you know that the most interesting men in the world were born on Sept. 30? And those born on that great day are responsible for most of the major scientific and social breakthroughs from the beginning of time to the present. Did you know that the guy who discovered both fire and the wheel was born on Sept. 30? Yup, he was. And the guy who discovered FTL travel... What! You mean you can't travel faster than the speed of light! People born on Sept. 30 can. Oh, one more thing, those born on Sept. 30 have an exceptional sense of humor.;):ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Some of the best, indeed.;) History shows that people born on September 30 are naturally gifted in many areas, including the ability to speak and write succinctly, and accurately. The list of talents includes engineering skills, mastery over the spoken and written word, lovers and makers of the best foods, creativity, honesty, never-ever spin tall tails, absolutely trustworthy, exceptionally handsome, smell good, loved by women and children, and the dog, amazing tact, humility, courage, natural leaders, etc. Did you know that the most interesting men in the world were born on Sept. 30? And those born on that great day are responsible for most of the major scientific and social breakthroughs from the beginning of time to the present. Did you know that the guy who discovered both fire and the wheel was born on Sept. 30? Yup, he was. And the guy who discovered FTL travel... What! You mean you can't travel faster than the speed of light! People born on Sept. 30 can. Oh, one more thing, those born on Sept. 30 have an exceptional sense of humor.;):ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom