Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching “Americans” again. Last season. Some of the things the say and are just so stupid.

Charlie, what they are presently feeding us for television today is so STUPID. All the time I was in the hospital and rehab, even though we don't have to pay to watch TV, I simply never turned it on. My stupid silly dreams were more interesting. I even managed to get some needlework done and catch up on some reading.

Charlie, what they are presently feeding us for television today is so STUPID. All the time I was in the hospital and rehab, even though we don't have to pay to watch TV, I simply never turned it on. My stupid silly dreams were more interesting. I even managed to get some needlework done and catch up on some reading.

Could not have agreed more.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Hollywood factory crap (mostly).

Those were great episodes of the Outer Limits.
We have a pretty good sized library of a lot of old tv shows,movies.

Ripped them all to our comp.It's great to watch our own shows when were not at home.

Took 2 boxes of them to a the place where my husband was having his PT.
The patients ages varied. From the elderly who remembered the good old stuff to younger patients who likes some of the newer shows.

I noticed that they only had a few DVD's.Thought to myself ("I'll fix that")
They were very thankful to have such a variety of shows.

My reasoning was pass it along...:)

Last edited:
The first season remastered? Some cable should run it.

I'm not sure if the season 1 that we bought is remastered.The long term patients have the DVD's now.Still it's a great show.I had never heard of it until a few years ago.

Munky.

Any NCIS fans. I've been binge watching for months now. Up to season 11. I'm mist way through season 11 and am starting to fade a bit. It's getting too touchy feely, pc and less actiony. Ziva leaving was a big blow.

I'll keep going, as I'm invested, but it isn't the same great show it was for the first 8 or 9 seasons.

No kidding, Andy.

Vinylhanger, stick with NCIS. The touchy-feely parts come and go, but there are some really good story lines ahead in your future. BTW, have you seen either of the other NCIS iterations? We like watching those two, too.

We gave up on NCIS several seasons ago, and never have liked NCIS LA.
We do like New Orleans though.
I stopped watching it several years ago, too. DH records both the original and the LA version. He watches them after I go upstairs to read. I can't read with all the noise from shooting and breaking down doors [emoji38]

One show we both really enjoy is BULL. As a Psych major in college, it's really interesting to me, not to mention how many times I've been a Juror.

Dr. Jason Bull is the charming and cocky founder of successful trial consulting firm Trial Analysis Corporation, where he and his team of experts employ psychology, human intuition and high-tech data to understand jurors, lawyers, witnesses and defendants, and construct effective narratives to help their clients win. Bull's team include his brother-in-law Benny, neurolinguistics expert Marissa, former detective Danny, hacker Cable, and Chunk, who helps perfect clients' appearances for trial. "Bull" is inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, who also serves as executive producer.]

One show we both really enjoy is BULL. As a Psych major in college, it's really interesting to me, not to mention how many times I've been a Juror.

So much TV, so little time.:) I have only seen couple, maybe, episodes and I liked it a lot, but don't seem to have enough time in a day to add another show to my list.

So much TV, so little time.:) I have only seen couple, maybe, episodes and I liked it a lot, but don't seem to have enough time in a day to add another show to my list.

Charlie we record everything we like to watch. Sometimes we have lots of shows backed up in the que for several weeks,and it's sure nice to have them ready to watch when everything else is re runs.

By the way, we really enjoy all the "Chicago" drams too...PD,Med,Fire, not to mention just about our favorite..Blue Bloods.

Back
Top Bottom