Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, what a difference a year (and new producers, and a huge sound stage) can make! During every commercial break (and there were enough of them), Himself and I talked about how good Peter Pan was. Last year he ended up watching something else. I was mostly in the kitchen, and every once in a while I would turn Sound of Music on for a couple minutes, then move to a different station. Kept going back because it was like a train wreck - you just had to look. :LOL:

Now I'll be singing "I'm flying" and "I gotta crow" for days! I bet Mary Martin would have approved of this remake. :)

Wow, what a difference a year (and new producers, and a huge sound stage) can make! During every commercial break (and there were enough of them), Himself and I talked about how good Peter Pan was. Last year he ended up watching something else. I was mostly in the kitchen, and every once in a while I would turn Sound of Music on for a couple minutes, then move to a different station. Kept going back because it was like a train wreck - you just had to look. :LOL:

Now I'll be singing "I'm flying" and "I gotta crow" for days! I bet Mary Martin would have approved of this remake. :)

You have to love the role you are in. Otherwise the audience can tell you are there for the money only. You have to believe that Tinkerbell is really going to die in you don't applaud. And that is Peter's job to get you to believe it. I do believe! :angel:

I was somewhat disappointed in Peter Pan. I did enjoy Nana, the man-croc, and Christopher Walken's dancing. Allison Williams just wasn't convincing as a British boy to me. Maybe someday they'll use a real boy to play Peter Pan, though it's traditionally been a female role. Three hours may have been a bit too long.

Now, DH and I loved the Sound of Music last year, but we know the musical and the songs very well.

Last edited:
I didn't watch "Peter Pan" last night, but I do have a Christopher Walken story.

In 1988, the band I was playing with stayed for a week in the same Ft. Smith Arkansas Sheraton as the cast from the movie "Biloxi Blues," which was filmed there.

Entertainers have a way of seeking out other entertainers, even not famous ones (I was certainly not famous) and, over the course of that week, my then wife and I met Matthew Broderick, Neil Simon, and various cast members. A few of them even came to watch our band play. Sometimes we'd hang out at the hotel bar, including one late night where I have a foggy memory of a long conversation with Matthew Broderick concerning how he wanted to learn to ride horses. Don't ask me how that topic came up, because I know nothing about horses.

In that time, we had heard that Christopher Walken was also staying in the hotel, but everyone said he pretty much keeps to himself and doesn't go out a lot. Consequently, we never saw him.

So one morning, my wife, who had been catching up on some laundry in the hotel-supplied machines, came running back to the hotel room sounding very excited. She said "You have to come with me and see who's in the laundry room!"

So I did. There was Christopher Walken doing laundry, of all things. When I saw him, I just sort of mumbled hello and told him I was a fan. He said, very stone-faced, "Thanks." (long, long awkward pause) "That's real nice."

Then he began sort of talking quietly to himself while we were folding our clothes. For like 10 minutes. I think he was rehearsing lines, or maybe it was his way of indicating he didn't feel like talking to us. But in any case, it was a little weird to be in the same room with someone doing that, celebrity or not. :ermm: :LOL:

Last edited:
Steve, there are some actors that will stay in character even when not working. The people who act as the residents of the Plymouth Plantation speak as the original folks who came over on the Mayflower. You ask a question, and they answer in character. My sister and I were in a small grocery store when we were on our way back from Cape Cod. This woman came in and when the girl behind the counter asked her if she could help her, she answered in character. I guess the town folk are used to hearing it, because she had no trouble filling her request. But it sure did sound funny hearing it. I guess she wasn't planning on being out of character for long, as she kept speaking it as she said thank you and good bye. :angel:

I didn't watch "Peter Pan" last night, but I do have a Christopher Walken story.

In 1988, the band I was playing with stayed for a week in the same Ft. Smith Arkansas Sheraton as the cast from the movie "Biloxi Blues," which was filmed there.

Entertainers have a way of seeking out other entertainers, even not famous ones (I was certainly not famous) and, over the course of that week, my then wife and I met Matthew Broderick, Neil Simon, and various cast members. A few of them even came to watch our band play. Sometimes we'd hang out at the hotel bar, including one late night where I have a foggy memory of a long conversation with Matthew Broderick concerning how he wanted to learn to ride horses. Don't ask me how that topic came up, because I know nothing about horses.

In that time, we had heard that Christopher Walken was also staying in the hotel, but everyone said he pretty much keeps to himself and doesn't go out a lot. Consequently, we never saw him.

So one morning, my wife, who had been catching up on some laundry in the hotel-supplied machines, came running back to the hotel room sounding very excited. She said "You have to come with me and see who's in the laundry room!"

So I did. There was Christopher Walken doing laundry, of all things. When I saw him, I just sort of mumbled hello and told him I was a fan. He said, very stone-faced, "Thanks." (long, long awkward pause) "That's real nice."

Then he began sort of talking quietly to himself while we were folding our clothes. For like 10 minutes. I think he was rehearsing lines, or maybe it was his way of indicating he didn't feel like talking to us. But in any case, it was a little weird to be in the same room with someone doing that, celebrity or not. :ermm: :LOL:

Ok inquiring minds want to know...

Boxers or briefs? :D:ROFLMAO::LOL::ermm:

Dog alert!

I know there are lots of dog lovers here, including me. Netflix, and maybe other venues also has a series called "Dogs With Jobs" with individual stories, two to an episode.
We're loving it! The first dog in the series featured a service dog for an autistic little boy, and I needed a Kleenex.

Last edited:
I'm so glad the regular programing will start again after the holidays!!

Tonight will give me two of my favorites..The Good Wife and the first new episode of Downton Abby!! :clap:
Good thing I can record one of them, as here they come on at the same time.

Popcorn will be served.

img_1404805_0_47631063dcd9c1c747c06e31176114e4.gif

I'm so glad the regular programing will start again after the holidays!!

Tonight will give me two of my favorites..The Good Wife and the first new episode of Downton Abby!! :clap:
Good thing I can record one of them, as here they come on at the same time.

Popcorn will be served.

img_1404877_0_47631063dcd9c1c747c06e31176114e4.gif

Oh geeeze, all day I've been thinking today is Sunday. See what happens when you get old?? :blink: I'll pop more corn tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dog alert!

I know there are lots of dog lovers here, including me. Netflix, and maybe other venues also has a series called "Dogs With Jobs" with individual stories, two to an episode.
We're loving it! The first dog in the series featured a service dog for an autistic little boy, and I needed a Kleenex.
The autistic grandson of a friend of mine has just got his first disability assistance dog. She has completely changed his life.

did anybody watched Castle last night? It is the episode where his daughter gets kidnapped. it is a part 1 of a two part episode. Does anybody know when the second part will be sown?

did anybody watched Castle last night? It is the episode where his daughter gets kidnapped. it is a part 1 of a two part episode. Does anybody know when the second part will be sown?

Charlie, that's an episode fro a few years ago. You were watching a rerun. No telling when the second part will be aired.

If you want to search for it so you can watch it on demand or online, Part Two is Season 5 Episode 16 originally aired on Feb 25, 2013.

Last edited:
Is anybody fallowing Castle? I like the show, but do not catch the new episodes a lot. In last night episode they were talking about Lenie being murdered. When did that happen? i sure missed a lot.

Is anybody fallowing Castle? I like the show, but do not catch the new episodes a lot. In last night episode they were talking about Lenie being murdered. When did that happen? i sure missed a lot.

She was not murdered. She was in last night's episode. Her look-alike was murdered in an earlier episode and there was a flashback to that.

Back
Top Bottom