"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #21
Congratulations! I am so glad you had him before Christmas. This will be a special one for you all. And now you can say you lost weight BEFORE Christmas! Looking forward to seeing many more pictures of that new angel in your house.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:03 PM   #22
Cooking Links Contest Winner
Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby boy! An angel!!!

~ Shannon

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:06 AM   #23
Executive Chef
Thanks everyone! We are all doing great, and believe it or not, I was still able to pull off Christmas dinner today. It took a lot of precooking before we had Callum so all we really had to do was stick everything in the oven!
All went smooth with labor and delivery, it went by fast! I was worried about the 45 minute drive to the hospital but we left early enough that the contractions weren't that bad yet and being that it was midnight, our 45 minute drive turned into a 25 minute drive.
We, unfortunately had to stay an extra night in the hospital because Callum lost 10 percent of his weight within the first 24 hours (it's normal for them to loose about 7 percent in the first 48 hours) so the pediatrician had us stay.
It was so hard to be in that hospital for so long and as part of security I wasn't allowed to walk with him in the halls unless he was in his bassinet. 100 channels on the tv with nothing to watch made it difficult (although I was able to catch 2 episodes of LOST) but also makes me glad we don't get reception at our house. I feel confident that Callum is gaining weight well now and we have a doc's appt tomorrow morning to check him out.
Aidan is excited about his little brother and goes around telling everyone "I'm a big brother." All Aidan wants to do is kiss him and hold his hand when he's crying. Bless his heart.
And because you all know that I just can't help myself, here are a couple more photos! Lots of love to all of you. Merry Christmas & Happy Chanukah!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	callum.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	777   Click image for larger version

Name:	wagoncallum.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	778  

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:57 AM   #24
Master Chef
to you and your little family all the best wishes from Germany!!!!
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #25
Head Chef
Congratulations, corazon, to you and your family! What beautiful little boys you have!! Thank you for sharing pics with all of us!!
Practice random acts of kindness.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Two perfect little boys!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #27
DC Grandma
Warm wishes and congretulations to all of you..you gave me another member to grandmother..or would it be great grandmother..?
Wow, I'm getting older by the minute.
May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:50 AM   #28
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Ooooh Cora!! (bursting through the door huffing and puffing) sorry for the late arrival to give you my heartfelt congratulations!! What I have missed out while I was away for a few days amidst all these Christmas thingies... what a perfect Christmas present for you, your family and here in the DC family!! I am so happy for you and thank you for sharing the beautiful photos!!
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #29
Hospitality Queen
What a darling little sweetie! Big hugs to Callum and his big brother Aidan!
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:12 PM   #30
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Im a bit late for congrats but......

Please raise him on Giada De Laurentiis and not Racheal Ray.

-DEADLY SUSHI- is offline   Reply With Quote