Pull up a Chair Stay Awhile Barber Shop !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am doing fine Thank You Middie and Luvs, I trust you are having a good 4Th of July?:chef:

Come on and Let me fix that hair for you Middie !
I just set all The Mud Bathes up again new Mud Luvs Hop in If you Like !:rolleyes:

Just mowed the Grass and Need a Shower !
I have a Pool out back and a Sauna I just put in oh and there is a Jucuzzi out there as well just put the all in try them if you like!:cool:

i haven't had the best day, maidrite.
but taking a dip in the pool and then the mud bath will fix that!

Ok so thoughts....

Do you leave a job that you've been at for 3 years where you enjoy 50% of the work you do and the other half you tolerate. A place that pays extremely well but eveyone you enjoy talking to has either left or been let go of? Also, do you stay if the main boss has stepped down as manager but continues to hold an interest in the company?

Some of the many thoughts I have been having lately...

Mrs Dove -- if you like half the work, and don't actually hate the coworkers, and the money adds to your lifestyle, I say stick with it for awhile. You may learn to like the new coworkers, and liking half the work is pretty much as good as most of us can expect (yes, there are people who love their work 100%, and people who love all their coworkers and bosses. They're very rare, and expecting that is like expecting to like everyone in your family and everyone they marry, or expecting to like everyone in any organization/club you join. For most of us it isn't going to happen). It may just be a bump in the landscape that you'll get over after awhile. IF you were in a real rut, I'd say "MOVE ON", but you've only worked there a few years, so make sure the new landscape will be something you like before quitting.

Yes Claire - I have been thinking a lot along your lines also. I guess my main "concern" is that about 2 years ago we lost a major line of business and had major layoffs - I survived purely on the fact that I could do the work in 2 different departments. Now they have lost another part of the business (which won't affect my line of work at all) and let more people go and because I am the only one in the legal department now (my boss is in CA - permanently) I can't talk to anyone else at work about work stuff. The legal stuff is confidential and the partners have made it clear that I am not to share what is going on with anyone else so I am pretty limited with my friends at work. One of the reasons for that is because when I do start to make friends they start to probe about the the legal stuff. Oh well, they do pay me really well and I do like half the work quite a bit.

Who needs friends at work? :wacko:

But of course Middie you know me I would never let you hang we will have it fixed in a Jiffy! Where did I put those hedge trimmers ?:chef:

Mrs.Dove and Claire perhps a Mud Bath and a make over will help put smiles on your faces !:rolleyes:

i need my nails done. anybody here?
i would like lavender nail polish, please.

just a thought, since this is a barber shop.
i swear, my real-life stylist knows more about me than my own Mother.:LOL: why do you pour out all your woes to your hairstylist? she'll be doing my highlights, and i'll be complaining up a storm....'and THEN he hung UP on me! seriously, he drives me nuts. he drives me CRAZY! oh, and to top THAT all off....':angry: i've switched stylists but still complain to her. we've hung out with her before but i don't really know her. it just makes me laugh. it's something about the stylist's, lol.
and on and on. all of this is interspersed with questions about hair appliances and which highlights would best suit my face.:-p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom